Damian

Jason's POV

I jump roof to roof. I was about to turn in for the night when a here a man cry out. I quickly run to the end of the roof and look down into the alleyway. There stands Robin with about 20 men standing around him. He is trying to fight his way through them but it's clear he's loosing badly. I jump down into the alleyway and start to fight along side him. It's takes us less then five minutes to knock them all unconscious. I then turn to Damian. "What the hell where you thinking taking on a 20 men by yourself?" I ask with clear anger in my tone. "Tt Todd there where not that many when I started and even with 20 I had it under control." He states while rolling his eyes. I take a step forward. "You're a kid brat you can't take on 20 men!" I yell. He stiffens. "And let me guess Bat Doesn't know your here?" He shifts awkwardly. I scoff. "Let's go." I state, grabbing him by his left wrist. He jerks backwards. I tighten my grip so he can't get out. "Stop it." I grind out. Instead of stopping he starts to pull back more. "I said stop it!" I yell. He freezes. "You're already in enough trouble as is don't make it worse for you." I threaten. He stops fighting completely. We head back to the manor in silence.

"Thank you for bringing him back master Jason. Bruce is off world at the moment and I have a couple of arenas to run would you mind watching him?" Alfred asks. I look over at the kid who is staring down at his feet. Odd. "Sur Alfie." I agree. He gives me a quick nod and walks out the front manor door. I then turn to the brat. "Go change and then come back to the living room." He nods and walks off. I walk out of the kitchen to my old bedroom. I quickly change out of my Redhood outfit into black sweats and a black t-shirt. I then walk to the living room collapsing onto the couch. A few minutes the kid come shuffling in wearing black sweatpants and a darkish green t-shirt. He awkwardly stands off in the corner not looking at me. I look away from the tv raising a brow. "You good brat?" I ask because Damian does not act like this. He nods not looks up from the ground. I look back to the tv shaking off the concern feeling.

It's be a hour and the kid still hasn't moved. I try to focus on the boring nature show until I can't take it anymore. I turn off the tv and stand. I slowly walk over to the kid not missing the way he stiffens. I keep walking until I'm right in front of him. His shoulders are stiff as a board and he is still not looking at me. I go to place a hand on his shoulder but he leans away from it. I let out a sigh trying to figure out what is going on. I kneel down in front of him. "Damian I need you to look at me." I request. He slowly looks up and meets my eyes. Fear. Loud and clear In his eyes. "Shit." I mumble, because why the hell is Damian Wayne of all kids scared. I gently place a hand on his shoulder. He violently flinches back. "I'm sorry." He squeaks. I furrow my brows in confusion. "I-uh what?" I ask. I then realize he's shaking. "I'm sorry Todd." He whispers looking back down at the ground and I can't miss the way his voice cracks at the end. And all I can do is stare because Damian Al-Ghul Wayne himself just apologized twice and I have no idea why. I then here the elevator ding. I look up and Bruce Wayne walks in. He is wearing black sweatpants and a white t-shirt most likely changed in the cave before coming up. He walks into the room and pauses when he sees Damian and I. His eyes go back and forth between us until they end up landing on me. He starts to walk over but stops when Damian steps back from both of us. "Jason come with me for a moment please." He then walks out of the room not even waiting for me to respond. I take a quick glance at Damian before standing and following my adoptive dad.

I walk out of into the hallway. "I heard you found Damian on patrol." He states. I nod. "What happened?" He asks. "He was fighting twenty men and I jumped in and then told him off about not fighting twenty men by himself." I answer. He nods. "Thank you Jason for stepping in. When you got home did he start acting like this?" He asks. I nod. Bruce the stands up from the wall he was leaning on and walks back into the living room. I follow.