Argument

Hello loves weirdoontheinternet1   asked me to make this one-shot. This is my first lyric fic so hopefully it is good. The song: My Goodbye. By: Epic the musical

Bruce's POV
I slam the BatMobil door, storming into the Cave. "You were reckless, sentimental at best!" I yell once Damian exits the BatMobil. "That's not a teaching of mine!" I go on. Damian goes to ague but I cut him off. "You've grown soft, your dead friends can attest!" Hurt flashes across his face. "Hey!" He yells. "Tt put your emotions aside! You're a worrier meant to lead the rest father. I do not know where I went wrong." He states. I toss my cowl into the BatComputer chair. "I'm gone." I mutter. Confusion crosses Damian's face before he smooths it back into a unreadable mask. "This way, you'll know what your place is. This way, you can't cross the line. This way you won't disappoint me. This way you won't waste my time. This way I'll close the door." I take a deep breath. "Consider this my goodbye." I start to walk towards the Cave's exit.

Damian's POV

"That's just like you, why should I be surprised?" I let out a scoff. Bruce turns around to face me. "Selfish, prideful, an vain. Unlike you, every time someone dies I'm left to deal with the strain." Richard's face flashes across my mind. "I'll remind you I saw you as a father. But now we're done." I take a shaky breath in. "This way, you're out of my head know. This way, you won't plague my life. This way, when all is done, you're out of sight and out of mind. This way, you get what you wanted. This way, you can save your time. This way, you close the door and have your damn goodbye."

Bruce takes a couple of steps forward, his fists clenched. "You're not looking for a mentor. I'm not looking for a son. I mistook you for a general. What if waste of effort spent." He spits. I feel my eyes start to water but I push it back. "At least I know what I'm fighting for while you're fighting to be known! Since you claim you're so much wiser why's your life spent all alone? You're alone." I watch as Bruce takes a breath in. "One day, you'll know what I'm saying. One day, you might understand. One day, but not today, for after all you're just a kid." He states, with a detached voice. I scoff. "This day, you cut the line. Consider this my goodbye." I take a shaky breath in and walk up to Batman. I rip off my Robin mask and shove it into his hand. "I quit." I walk up the Cave stares.

Word count: 465

I had way to much fun writing this. I cut out a couple of the lyrics sense I didn't think they went into the argument. I hope you enjoyed! And of course if you have any one-shots you would like please comment! Have an amazing day/night/week!