Chapter 4 Valaria

It was twilight in the evening, as deep darkness fell about outside the Hallow.

Dante looked around the adobe. The area was lit by the fire that burned in the center pit. A woman staggered in through the door of his house like an unstoppable windstorm. She was a beautiful woman but lacked discretion like a gorgeous, gold ring in a pig's snout. The woman approached, seductively dressed in a black, Red Elise, form-fitting tunic robe. Her face was hidden under her hood. She sat down in a large chair, shooting coy glances toward Master Dante. He was not captivated but curious. She leaned, showing a little of her cleavage and Clavicle. She was seductive and persuasive. Her black hair was long and hung to her waist out from her cowl. What little of her face shown, revealed fine features. She had a fair complexion, a perfect full set of lips smooth like oil, and an evil curve to her mouth.

She seemed lazy as she reclined her head against the seat. Her eyes shown as deep, dead, cold, and greenish-gray. She stared into the fire. Dante looked at the woman. He felt her aura was not right, like a dangerous trap. She seemed familiar to him, but where he had seen her Dante couldn't fathom.

He started to feel a longing for her he'd never felt before but fought the urge. Looking at her was like falling into a narrow well. The woman looked up at him and smiled.

"It is good to see you, Dante." "Valaria has her name?" Dante asked her, hearing the name in a whisper through his friendship with the Master. "Valaria is my name. I'm a guide'" She paused, her voice a very demonesq but sultry rasp. She spoke with a hiss like a snake.

"Do not be deceived. She is bad company." The winds spoke to Dante. Both the Winds and the Master were unheard nor seen by Valaria.

"Don't feel ashamed'" She lowered her hood and gazed into Dante's eyes. Her smile grew deeper. "It wouldn't be prideful for you to want me'" she stood and sauntered over to Dante.

He was sitting as she lowered herself to his knee and stared up at him. "I would offer you gifts." Dante wondered about her aura. A temptress? She wasn't Westerian. She was Elven, a shapeshifter and queen of the North.

"I've already sent your friend, Eddipus a companion. A pretty puppy friend to guide his way." She traced her fingers up his knee. "Hold thy tongue, fowl devil! Now then, temptress, listen to me; pay attention to what I say. My heart has not turned to your ways. I will not stray onto your path. You may have snared many victims. Your slain are a mighty throng but Val is with Eddipus and your charms will not work!" He stood, kicking the witch aside. A bright light formed in his hand. He aimed it at Valaria. Her eyes widened. She looked at the light and hissed. Her bosom heaved against the front clasps and lace of her clothes. The light was so divine that Dante could see blood trickle down her forehead.

The Master's light projected from Dante's hand, brighter than any in Fonde or in the night sky. It burnt Valaria.

"You're made of bone cancer and thus, I has cast you from mine eyes!" Valaria screamed. The adobe lit up with a bright brilliance. Her black, flowery lace gloves started to stretch and tear as her fingernails grew. Her eyes started to glow yellow and her mouth opened wide. Her teeth became pointed. Her hair went stringy and silver. Valaria's skin became a very light sheer lime. "Foolish woman who would tear down my house, get thee behind me, enchantress! For you seem honeyed sweet but you are bitter like poison and as dangerous as a double-edged sword." Dante signed with his hand of light a symbol of protection. Valaria's skin flaked. She spat at Dante. Her tongue grew long from her mouth. Pieces of her clothes ripped apart. Now exposed, she began to dissolve into flame.

Her hair fell out and dissipated, her eyes fell loose from their sockets, and turned to water on the ground.

"Wisdom will save me, for I has cast thee from my sight!" Valaria whisped away into the air like so much sand blown in a storm and she vanished. The temptress was gone for now but she wasn't dead. Dante's light dimmed a little along with the Masters as he stared at the fire, sighed, and fell back onto a seat. He felt a strange sensation left behind. He felt a longing for Valaria. She had delivered that sting but he wouldn't allow it to hinder him. He looked into the flame and could see Val and Eddipus fighting a Mantikhora. The flame was dying but Dante knew of a better light than his fire, a healing light, the Master's light, and that gave him hope. They had bested the monster Valaria sent to snare Eddipus.