Chapter 1: Situational Intoxication

"Uh, Lucy?" Emmet nudged his girlfriend gently, worried for her in this current... unfavorable state. Lucy just looked back to her Lover in a drunken manner, a wide smile nearly splitting her face.

"Uh-huh? He-he-hey Emmemn... Bo-boy, that w-was the best pa-party I've g-gone at in y-y-years." Lucy could barely say, struggling to even keep herself up. Not to mention saying Emmet's name in a confusing blur.

The two had just left a Galaxy wide party, celebrating the Union between the Systar System and Apocalypsburg after the end of Armomageddon, and stopping Rex Dangervest from destroying everything. Emmet was beyond excited to go to such a festive event, but Lucy was skeptical.

See, as a Rebel, Lucy was one to get her partying on a little too harshly. After the first 20 minutes, she'd start to have a sip of some club soda, which isn't a big deal, but eventually would start to escalate to drinking more, heavy doses of adult substances.

Another few sips of soda, leading to a martini, then a couple scotch's, and unfortunately to drinking a large tub of red wine, which messed Lucy up, leading to her now current drunken manner.

All the heavy drinks were strictly prohibited to the guests to keep them from becoming intoxicated, but Lucy had simply stumbled upon the room they were all in, and decided a few drinks couldn't hurt.

One thing led to another, and Emmet found Lucy running and stumbling around everywhere, in a laughing fit with an adorable giggle he never had guessed she of all people had.

20 minutes earlier
---
"Hey, has anyone seen Lucy?" Emmet called to his friends and family group. "It's been almost an hour, I'm starting to get kinda scared."

Although everyone had helped him in looking around, no one had the slightest clue of where the Rebel hero was. Until finally, they heard a loud thud that completely got everyone's attention, even causing all the other guests to stop to hear what just happened.

After another few seconds, they heard an even louder thud from a few rooms away. Emmet prayed it wasn't something bad. Well that is, until he got to where the noise was coming from.

He opened the door to a large closet like supplies room, filled to the brim with Liquor and other types of fancy wine and cheese's.

"Wow." Emmet quietly exclaimed. "This is actually really cool. Why didn't Watevra say all these drinks were here?"

Thud...

"What the-" Emmet suddenly turned around to where the thudding and banging noises were coming from, and there he finally saw. Lucy, his girlfriend, the love of his life, wabbling and falling on the floor, while looking as drunk as a skunk.

"Lucy?!" He rushed instantly without hesitation towards his Lover, not worrying for a moment about his own safety, falling next to Lucy's side and hugging her tightly. Her petite, thin self was so beautiful, along with being comforting to hold onto. "Are you okay?"

"Hehe..." Lucy giggled slightly. "Hey Emmy, heheha."

Emmet was left confused by this. 'Emmy'? They've been dating for 7 years, why is she now calling him something different? "Uhm, Lucy? Are you ok?"

"Ems, Emmy Emmy Emmet, hehehe... I-I feel s-so good I don't th-think I can ev-even stand up."

Okay?... That sentence stopped making sense about halfway through.

Emmet could only stare at this Goddess of a woman in fear she wasn't alright, holding her with love and protection. "Lucy? P-please don't tell me you're... Drunk?"