Chapter 7: Starry Scars

(WARNING: Scenes of scars and slight burns on a main character)
_____________________________________

In the waning, but still beautiful evening that adorned Syspocalypstar between the shining day and starry night, Emmet stood in his home's kitchen, excitingly cooking a Filet Mignon - that seemed very delicious and rare, mind you - for him and his beloved Fiancee, Lucy, to enjoy together.

He wanted to make tonight special for her as it was only 3 months, 12 days, 7 hours, 40 minutes, 28 seconds and 53 milliseconds until they'd be married, and finally happy together. Sure, that seemed a little too specific, but Emmet just couldn't not be happy. He just loved Lucy way too much to care.

It had been two months since he proposed to her, and ever since then, Emmet and Lucy continued to only grow closer and closer, young and in love. The deepest love the universe could ever provide to beings.

Although there had been some bumps on the road, such as others picking on Emmet for accidentally causing Armomageddon or people criticizing Lucy for lying about her past self. But, that didn't bother the special or Master-builder, as their love for each other was the only thing that mattered.

Oh, how they were just the greatest. How couldn't they be? Other couples had bad nights, while Emmet and Lucy were in harmony every moment together. Other couples fought constantly and gave each other the silent treatment, while Emmet and Lucy blushed every time they just thought about each other.

They aren't like regular couples. In fact, they're much, much better.

With the Filet almost finished, Emmet got his kitchen mittens and carefully got two plates, several eating utensils, a candle at the center of the table, two glasses of water, and finally, the Filet itself, for their wonderful night together.

Emmet had carefully cut the meat as best he could, per the instructions of his old handbook from before the events of Taco Tuesday all those years ago. Everyone was free to think for themselves again, but the young Special still needed to remember how to cut a meal properly.

Placing a plate and good amount of food and water on what was supposed to be Lucy's side of the table, Emmet then placed his own meal at the other end, before angling how the table looked in his image with his hands.

It looked perfect.

Now that dinner was all set, the construction worker retrieved a box filled with many beautiful roses and other colorful flowers, along with many more petals.

The purpose of these wonderful things was to sprinkle the majority on the ground in their house, forming a little pathway to lead to the dining table, so once Lucy got home, she and Emmet could start their romantic evening.

Carefully taking a handful of petals, mainly rose petals, Emmet gently released them onto the carpet floor, moving back to begin the trail, before taking another handful and kindly releasing them, before taking more, and finally finishing the trail by setting up petals around the table in the shape of a heart, trying to give off the romantic factor for his incredible fiancee.

Finally, Emmet went up to his and Lucy's shared bedroom to put on a new suit he'd been thinking to wear for months now. It wasn't anything fancy, but not like play clothes either. Somewhere in the middle, like wearing a blazer with pajamas, Emmet thought.

...

Ok, bad example, but you understand the idea.

With everything set up perfectly, the Special awaited for his true love to enter their home, nervous out of his mind of how tonight would go. However, any doubt and worry would vanish instantly every time he thought of her. Her and her adorable freckles, her flowing hair, her shining eyes, and everything else that made Lucy the Goddess she really is.