CHAPTER 1: FAMILY UNIOIN

I open my eyes for the first time and find myself surrounded by vibrant waves of color which carry me along as though I weigh nothing. An inexplicable force rockets me ever upward before dropping me only to catch me again and repeat the process many times over. Eventually I became numb to the sensations, but find I have no exit. All I can do is settle in for the unsettling ride which ends as abruptly as it began.

My eyes open again and I find myself surrounded by glowing rock. It's my womb and I lay there a while basking in the heavenly glow. Then I feel a strange compulsion to burrow upward, bursting forth into a world I have not known. I'm overwhelmed by a bright hue and the dark, expansive sky of space.

My life consists of wandering about a barren rock gazing at the stars all around me and looking down at strange things on the planet below. It's a bright, colorful land and I see all manner of things transpire upon it and I'm fascinated by them all. But I'm far too intimidated to dare enter so wondrous a land.

Then it happens, I watch with complete awe as a glowing ball moves slowly across the sky, near to me. I gaze as best I can and I see a small figure standing upon it. I'm overjoyed and drive my vessel towards it, but as soon as I get near it draws away and at one point, flees. I squeal with delight, it's like a game of chase and I'm it. Round and round I pursue the other sphere, all around the planet.

At last it slows and our two celestial bodies meet. From off the other sphere steps forth a being, a god. To say he is beautiful would have done him little justice. He's gorgeous, his tunic is gold and emits a bright glow while his skin is a pale red. He steps on to my little world and I become afraid.

I'm not sure why I'm afraid, but something tells me to run. I obey its command and flee the glowing man. I'm fast, but he's faster and soon he has me trapped in a valley. I push myself against the rock behind me, willing myself to meld with it. He stops running and stands a respectful distance away.

He stretches forth his hand, to show he's not a threat. "Beautiful, young lady, who are you?" he asks as he glows bright with hospitality.

I'm flattered by his kind words and my fears ease a little, but what he asks I have no answer to. "I don't know," I admit and turn a bit sheepish.

"Surely so splendid a creature as yourself, would have a most enchanting name."" he starts with more wondrous words and grins a bit.

I blush. "But sir, I haven't a name," I inform him and stifle a giggle.

"No name? That is a travesty," he remarks and looks a bit hurt. "Tell me, how did you come to be?"

"I was born from this glowing rock," I impart to him the entirety of history in so much as I know it and point to the ground under our feet.

"What of those who sired you?" he presses and displays a look of confusion. "Where are they?"

"Apart from you and myself, I've encountered no one," I relay the sad truth and my eyes drift to the stars. "This rock is all I have ever known and the stars are the only friends I've ever had."

Slowly, he eases himself upon a nearby rock and gazes out at the stars. "It's so pretty up here, don't you think?" he's speaking to me but he never takes his eyes from the sky.

Cautiously, I make my way toward him and sit near, but still far enough away to give me proper comfort. I watch closely as he gazes at the stars above and see the far away lights twinkle in his eyes. It's more than pretty, more than beautiful, what it is I haven't words to describe and my brain aches a bit from trying to think of one.

"You know what's even more interesting than looking at the stars?" he asks me, still looking up.

"What?" I ask as my eyes remain locked upon him.