CHAPTER 6: THE EMERGENCE OF A NEW DEITY

Something happens to me that has not happened since my time inside the moon, I dream. I dream that I'm in a field of golden stalks that shoot straight up into the sky, they are so tall. I pass inside them and find myself delightfully lost. I keep moving forward while finding no end to the plants that obscure my view, but I still enjoy it all the same.

I hear a sound rising on the wind, cutting through the plants. It's music. A pleasing tune drifts along as it draws me in. I follow the path that builds in front of my very eyes and takes me to the very center of the growing maze where I find an individual with silver skin wearing a gold tunic and possessing neither the soft features of a woman or the stoic form of a man, sitting upon a rock.

The musician stops playing and looks to me. "Hello mother!" they exclaim and leap into the air before lifting me up into a familiar embrace. "It's so good to see you!"

"Who are you?" are the only words I can put to voice as I struggle to breath while I'm spun round and round.

"Don't you recognize me?! I'm your child!" the musician introduces themself while lowering me to the ground, but maintaining hands on my shoulders. "You gave birth to me on the moon!"

"I'm sorry, but I don't remember it," I apologize as I try to find reason and feel more than a little uncomfortable by the continued contact. "Nor do I recall sharing my power with anyone."

"That's the beauty of it and me!" the musician coos and presses all the more with their fingers softly digging into my flesh. "You did what no other god could, you created a new life without the assistance of any other power, simply by being the first one to dream. And your task is nearly complete, now all you need to do is give me a name."

"I don't understand," is all I can muster as I weakly try to retreat.

"Mother dear," the musician persists while lowering their voice and looking deep into my eyes. "A deity I may be, but a name I am still wanting. Without it I am not quite what I should be and cannot travel between the realms, which is why I had to wait for you to dream again."

"I'm sorry but this is a lot for me to process," I relay as I shrug off the grip and try to look more intimidating. "I'm not sure I'm prepared to have a child."

"This breaks my heart mother," the musician sulks and lowers their head while shaking it before rising it sharply. "Can you not just give me a name and allow me to prove how worthy an offspring I am?"

"A name I can only give to my child and I'm not prepared to be a mother," I deliver the bad news and fix them with a serious gaze. "I need time to contemplate what this means."

"I don't understand your reluctance in naming me, but I am a dutiful child and shall honor your wish," the musician responds and stands up. "I shall wait in your dreams for you to return and I will continue to abide by your will."

I find myself rising in the air and being blown away by the wind while the figure below waves to me. I drift off into the ether and dissipate till there is nothing left of me and blink out of this plane. I wake up and find myself reclined upon the cliff with my head cradled in Heliot's lap as the moon beams down upon us.

"Good evening daughter," he welcomes me back to reality and gives a pleasant smile.

I give a stretch and sit up. "Hello father," I address him as I focus my attention on him.

"Did you enjoy the sweet oblivion that sleep brings with it?" Heliot queries as reaches out and clasps my shoulder.

"It was not oblivion that greeted me," I inform him as I work to churn out the details while I gaze off into the distance. "I was surrounded by plants and met with a deity there."