Chapter Four

———

-Your POV-

"Truth or dare,"

I flinched, and everyone noticed. Giggling, Lillie looks between my stunned face and Hau blushing one. She inhaled with a smile, "So, who should I dare first? Hm... I'll let our favorite couple off the hook for the first round. Meh, let's see... Sophocles. Truth or dare."

"Dare," He mumbles while throwing bag after bag of potato chips down his throat.

"Um, I dare you to..." Lillie pauses for dramatic effect, "To tell your cousin Molayne that you hate eating. You have his number, right?"

Sophocles' eyes widen, but he nods and pulls out his phone. "Hello? Molayne?" He talks into the phone, "Yeah, I'm good. I just wanted to tell you... I hate eating."

You can hear Molayne's response, a simple laugh, and, "That was a dare wasn't it? Don't worry I know you well enough to not believe that."

The call ended and Sophocles sighed in relief, "That wasn't too hard."

"Next!" Lillie exclaimed.

Lana speaks up, "Truth or dare, Mallow."

"I'll do truth," Mallow replies.

"Do you believe that I caught Kyoger?" Her face is blank.

"WAIT, WHAT?!" Mallow cries, "You already caught it? No way!!"

"He he." Lana mutters, "That was a lie."

Everyone mentally smacks their foreheads.

Hau's turn, "Truth or dare. What do you think, Kiawe?"

Kiawe blinks, "Uhm... well... ah, truth. I guess."

"When was the last time you hugged your sister?"

His cheeks redden, and he sheepishly admits, "This morning,"

Everyone thinks it's really cute. Now it's my turn, and I say, "I don't have anything to dare."

"So, my turn again!" Lillie happily sings, "Truth or dare, Hau!"

"Dare?" Hau shrugs.

I glance at Lillie's mischievous smirk and the evil glint in her eyes as she slowly opens her mouth to challenge, "I dare you, Hau, to..."

I take a sharp breath, panic and worry filling my breath as I await Lillie's next words.

"...Kiss (Y/N)."

-Hau's POV-

I tilt my head as if I'd misunderstood.

Lillie repeats calmly, "Your dare is to kiss (Y/N)."

I glance at (Y/N), who sits next to me, stunned. Not a trace of emotion is on her face. Turning to face her, I take a deep breath and lean toward the unmoving girl. She doesn't acknowledge this and recoils when my hand grazes her arm. When I couldn't stall any longer, I tilted my head and leaned in further, lingering a hairbreadth away so she'd have the option of pushing away if she wanted.

She didn't.

Less than a moment later, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against hers.

———