Late Night Dinners and Wine

//Author's POV//

Izuna sat in Tobirama's dining room table looking down at his lap. Just right across from him was Tobirama in the kitchen cutting up vegetables in silence. The others sat in the living room playing games like truth or dare, and Izuna was not planning on getting exposed anytime soon. Not like he had anything to hide.

Those big doe eyes looked around the house and noticed how it lacked any pictures, decorations or sentimental things of value. This peaked the young nurse's interest as he stood up and walked around. Tobirama took notice of this but chose to ignore it and continue to cook. Izuna ended up in front of one photo out of this whole house in the end of a hallway. It was one that had been faced down. This interest him more, and so he slowly lifted it up, but someone's hand had stopped him midway. Izuna's breath hitched, and he looked up to see none other than Tobirama staring back at him. He wasn't angry but made sure to take the photo from Izuna and putting it in the drawer of the hallway side table.

"Come and help me" was all that Tobirama said before heading back to the kitchen. It confused the Uchiha even more, but he followed right behind Tobirama. Not before slightly looking back at the table and frowning.
.
.
.
.
.
There Izuna stood, watching the water boil in the pot which caused the food in there to move around like swimming fish. A little smile lined his lips and Tobirama took notice.

"Do you want to try it?"

Izuna was taken out of his daze and looked at Tobirama for a second before nodding. What he didn't expect was for Tobirama to grab a spoon, scoop some of the simmering food, and bringing it up to his mouth. Warmth invaded his cheeks as he opened his mouth and tasted the different flavors of the beef stew.

"It's really good" Izuna said as he smiled. Tobirama nodded and turned back around to continue cutting some other ingredients. Izuna slowly scooted closer and watched as Tobirama cut some strawberries. Izuna loved them so his eyes slightly lit up at the sight of them. On cue, Tobirama saw this and handed one over to him. Izuna took it happily and munched on it as he watched Tobirama do his work.

"Do you want to cut this?" Tobirama asked.

Izuna looked at the knife in Tobirama's hand and carefully took the knife from it. The issue was that Izuna never cooked. Madara usually would bring him food, or he would just order out. He however didn't want to look like an idiot, so he tried his best to cut the fruit. A small chuckle however caused him to look over at Tobirama and pout.

"What so funny?" Izuna said.

Tobirama got closer and flipped the knife over to the right way. Izuna's face burned red in embarrassment as he looked down and shakily cut away. Making himself not look like an inexperienced idiot backfired.

Later on, Izuna helped set the table as the others came to sit down. He made his way to sit down next to Konan who was sitting right next to Nagato. The poor thing was blushing so much that it made Izuna giggle. Konan was being friendly and kept egging him on to talk about himself. Itachi and Kisame were in their own world bickering about personal matters. Kagami was talking to Tobirama about upcoming surgeries and the conversation looked too serious for Izuna. He didn't want to interfere and decided to just stay quiet. He looked down at his bowl and felt that familiar feeling grows in his chest. He felt as if he didn't fit in around his co-workers. It was always like this for the young nurse, and yet, he didn't want to bother people with those feelings.

Though, as if on cue, Izuna felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. A slight sigh of relief left his lips at the sudden ping. However, the relieved feeling faded right after reading the username.