Just Friends

"Told you. Endings are the best part."

"You're such a weirdo." Beca replied before, quickly and clearly without thinking, pulling Jesse towards her, letting their lips join together.

The moment his lips touched hers, she was well aware of what was happening. She let it happen for a moment before pulling back, gauging his reaction. He was smiling and his hand was on her waist. She smiles when she noticed he was slowly inching his lips closer to hers and she gladly met him halfway.

"Beca!" Aubrey's voice sounded from somewhere off to the side. Beca quickly retreated, releasing Jesse's lips and pushing his hand away. "There you are." Aubrey said before pulling the tiny brunette into her arms. "Thank you, Beca. I'm sorry I didn't believe in you."

"Oh, no problem, Brey." Beca replied as she loosely laid her arms around the blonde, relieved she didn't seem to notice Beca's little act of disloyalty. "I didn't really give you much to believe in." She pulled away from Beca's lazy embrace, a smile stretched across her face. "You just singlehandedly created the Bella sound. To whom do I praise for such motivation?"

Beca absently glanced at Jesse. Aubrey's expression immediately changed as she followed Beca's eyes. "Oh shit. Aubrey-"

"A Treble?" Aubrey asked, cutting Beca off. "You mean a Treble actually helped a Bella?"

"Well, yeah. They're not all bad." Beca replied. She felt the heat creep up her neck as she reddened. "Where you having sexual relations with this... Treble?" She spit out the word as if she was talking about Voldemort. "No, Brey. We're just friends."

Those words cut him. Just friends? They just kissed and she just admitted he was her motivation and she can seriously say that they're just feiends? "Okay. Um, maybe I should go." Jesse offered, not wanting to be over there any longer. "No need, Jesse. Beca and I were just leaving. Right, Beca?" Beca looked between the Bella leader and the man she would like to have something with. Its a tough decision but instincts kicked in and she went with her gut. "Right. Bye, Jesse."

"Bye, Beca." The words slipped out softly. She chose the girls. She left him stranded, heart in hand, and went with them. Its clear to him who's more important to her, so he let go. But damn did it hurt to watch her leave.

~6 months later~

The sound of the alram clock at 6am pulled Beca from her sleep. Groaning, she smacked it groggily pulled herself into sitting position. She yawned and stretched out before checking her phone. "Shit!" She exclaimed upon seeing the auditions reminder. She shot out of bed and hurriedly readied herself. As new leader of the Bellas it wouldn't be a great start if she showed up late. With just minutes to spare, she barged into the auditorium, making a beeline for the girls, yelling, "I'm here! I'm here!"

Everything in her hands went flying as she felt herself collide with another body. She dropped to her knees and began to regather her things, the person with the body dropping to the ground across from her to help. She recognized the cologne but couldn't pace the face, until she looked up to thank the person.

"Jesse." She said softly. "I-I didn't expect to see you here." He gave her a confused look. "It's auditions. Attendance is kind of necessary."

"Right. Treblemakers." She gave him a smile and was a little shocked when he didn't return it like usual. He just looked at her with a blank expression and she wasn't sure of what to say. "So, um, how was your summer?" He just shrugged.

"Alright. Listen up aca ballers." Tommy interrupted as he walked onto stage, ready to start the auditions. Jesse sat Beca's papers in her arms and quickly joined his Trebles. Beca watched him, confused, before joining her Bellas.

"What was that all about?" Chloe asked. "I don't know, he's been acting strange ever since I kissed him at finals last year." Chloe was about to speak again but Beca cut her off, getting the girls ready for auditions.

~After auditions~

After deciding who was going to get into the Bellas , Beca let Chloe take it from there. She had some business to attend to. Following the Trebles out of the door, Beca tracked Jesse down and ran after him.

"Jesse!" She yelled but he kept walking. Thinking that maybe he didn't hear her, she tried again. This time, he shoved his headphones into his ears and continued to walk away. She quickly caught up to him and stopped right in his path. He grabbed her to keep from toppling her and falling to the ground.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked after ripping the headphones out of his ears. "Nothing. I don't know what you mean?"

"What I mean is that you're giving me the cold shoulder. What happened to you? Where's my Jesse?"

"Your Jesse?" He asked. "Your Jesse?! When the hell have I ever been your Jesse?!" He yelled in frustration and Beca was taken aback. "I spent an entire year trying to get you, Beca. An entire year! And when you finally kiss me and I think things are good, you tell Aubrey that we're just friends. Friends don't kiss friends like that!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to get kicked out of the Bellas."

"You're really using that one?"

"Yes. Aubrey had an oath. No Trebles."

"You were going to be leader, Beca! You could've changed it! The year was over, she couldn't kick you out!"

"I had to be sure, Jesse! I thought you understood!"

"Understand what? That you fear is more important than your feelings for me?! You could've figured something out, Beca instead you ripped my heart from my chest."

"Jesse-"

"No." He cut her off. "I don't want to hear your apologies. I can't handle anymore heartbreak. I don't want to start something that you can't finish. Until you decide exactly what you want, I'm done."

"Jesse please." She tried again but he shoved his headphones in and blared the music full blast. She fought the tears as he shoved past her, careful not to touch her like she had some sort of disease. And she watched him walk away.

Damn it hurt to watch him leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N Hey weirdos. I hope that you all enjoyed the first chapter of Pitch Perfect fanfiction. I had no idea how to start this so I asked amazinglittleweirdo if she would be willing to help because I am obsessed with her book 'We Are Titanium' it is absolutely perfect, so I told her my ideas for the book and then she wrote the chapter to help get me started so a HUGE thank you to her. If the rest of the chapters suck I am sorry I am not as good of a writer as amazinglittleweirdo she is flawless. Anyway I hoped you liked this chapter. Please comment and vote it would mean the world to me. I love you awesome nerds.