Riff Off

"Becky, you're late again. If this continues I will start taking away your booth privileges." Luke says when Beca finally makes it into work. "I called early this morning and told you I would be late because I wasn't feeling well. I also called you the last two times it happened. You knew I was going to be late. Back off." Beca replies as she begins to stack CDs with the one person she has been trying to avoid for the past month. Ever since their date, Beca had been rescheduling her work hours just so she wouldn't have to see Jesse. She couldn't talk about what happened and she knew he would want to, so she tried her best to avoid him. Today though, it seemed impossible to do that.

"Becs, we need to talk. We can't have a date like that and then just ignore each other." Jesse finally spoke when Luke left.

Beca stops what she's doing and looks up at him for the first time since she got to work. "No, Jesse. I don't need to talk about anything. Sex is not going to change the way I feel about you. I tried to fix things and you broke my heart. This time I'm the one saying I'm done with whatever this is. And stop calling me 'Bec' and 'Becs' you lost that privilege when you broke my heart." With that, Beca went back to work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night was the riff off. Beca was exhausted and didn't want to go but, being the Bella leader, she had to. She couldn't let the girls down. "Welcome to the riff off!" Justin yells his usual introuduction. "The first category is.. Apology Songs." As soon as the category is named, Jesse runs up and starts to sing, looking right at Beca.

Yeah, is it too late now to say sorry?
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body
Oh, is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

Ooh, ooh
I'm sorry, yeah
Ooh, ooh
Sorry, yeah
Ooh, ooh
Sorry
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?
Ooh, ooh

I'll take every single piece of the blame if you want me to
But you know that there is no innocent one in this game for two
I'll go, I'll go and then you-

Stacie runs up and quickly cuts him off.

-you love me
Come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start
Running in circles, chasing our tails
Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
Oh it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
I'm going back to-

A high note the interrupts Stacie, singing out of key.

-too late to apologize.
It's too late.
I said it's too late to apologize.
It's too late.
Too late, oh uh

"Another horrible song from the High Notes." Justin says. "You are," Everyone claps twice before yelling, "CUT OFF!" The Bellas watch as the electronic spinner decides the next category. "The category is Micheal Jackson songs!" Justin announces. The BU Harmonics start the category, walking into the center as they sing.

Don't you know now
Is the perfect time
We can make it right
Hit the city lights
Then tonight ease the lovin' pain
Let me take you to the max, uh

I want to love you (P.Y.T.)
Pretty young thing
You need some lovin' (T.L.C.)
Tender lovin' care
And I'll take you there, yes I will
Yes I-

Jesse cuts in again, still trying to serenade Beca.

-I know wrong from right

Every street you walk on, I leave tear stains on the ground
Following the girl I didn't even want around

Let me tell ya now
Oh baby, all I need is one more chance
(To show you that I love you)
Won't you please let me back in your heart
Oh darlin', I was blind to let you go
(Let you go, baby)
But now since I see-

Beca cuts Jesse off, trying to ignore the beautiful sound of his voice.

-see she was unable
So she ran into the bedroom
She was struck down, it was her doom

Annie are you OK
So, Annie are you OK
Are you OK, Annie
Annie are you OK
So, Annie are you OK
Are you OK, Annie
Annie are you OK
So, Annie are you OK
Are you OK, Annie
Annie are you OK
So, Annie are you OK, are you OK, Annie

Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
You've been hit by
You've been hit by
A smooth criminal

Beca and the rest if the Bellas sing the rest of the song, winning the riff off. While the rest of the girls rub it in the Trebles faces, Beca sneaks away from them and goes to leave. A familiar hand grabs her arm and she turns around. "Jesse, didn't I tell you earlier I don't want to talk?" She says, pulling her arm away.

"Beca, just hear me out. I didn't want to go on that date for sex. We were both drunk, it happens. It's better then it being a random guy at a bar. I'm sorry for everything I've done. Please give me another chance. I love you more then anything. My life without you is nothing. I'm begging you." Jesse says, looking into her eyes as he talks. Beca thought for a minute and sighed.

"Jesse, I love you too. I just can't right now. I can't deal with it. Please just accept that. We can be friends for now but I can't be with you. I'm sorry." She says, walking away when she finishes.

"Friends. I can work with that." Jesse says to himself as he watches her leave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hey guys! I know I haven't updated in forever and this chapter is pretty short and crappy but I will update again soon! For now I have to go because I have state tests tomorrow. I hope you guys like it!