The Movie

"Chloe, why did you say I would do this?" Beca asks as she gets ready for her date with Jesse.

"Because I think you two should try to work this out." Chloe replies as she picks an outfit for Beca. "Do you like this outfit?" She asks, trying to change the subject, as she pulls out a pair of dark skinny jeans and a red tank top.

"Yeah." Beca replies as she takes the outfit from Chloe. She goes into the bathroom and changes. She quickly does her makeup and pulls her hair back into a ponytail. As soon as she finishes she hears the doorbell ring. The door opens and she assumes Chloe let Jesse in.

"Hey, nerd." Jesse said smiling as Beca came down the stairs.

"Hey, weirdo." Beca says as she walks up to him.

"So what are we doing?"

"Well, first, I'm giving you these." He hands her a box of chocolates and Beca's eyebrow raises a little. "I figured you'd enjoy chocolate more than flowers." She nodded and tossed the box to Chloe. "Alright, let's get this over with."

"Um, okay." Jesse tried his best not to let her lack of enthusiasm bother him. He knew she'd act like this, he just didn't expect that it'd still feel like a knife to his heart.

Taking a deep breath, he put on a big smile and offered her his arm. She glanced at Chloe and, upon getting the look, she sighed and looped hers in his. Jesse threw her a smile that, before her walls built up, would have her weak in the knees. Instead, she just rolled her eyes and walked out of the house with him.

****
Jesse had led Beca to the place they had held the aca initiation party, or hood night if you want to get technical, but it was different. He himself had set up a white projection screen and there was equipment on the opposite end of the grand theater. It look as though it was just the projector from the film classes that he had connected to his laptop and speaker. There was a small area in the pews that was decorated beautifully with candles, flowers, and a small blanket.

He did all of this for me?

Beca asked herself as she looked around. It was incredible, which was terrible. She had every intention of hating tonight so she'd never have to speak to him. She can't do that now. She caught a glance of Jesse with that stupid grin.

Shit. He's looking at me. Quick, say something sarcastic so he doesn't suspect anything!

"If you you think I'm sitting through and entire movie you-"

"Are solely mistaken?"

"I was gonna say fucking nut but whatever floats your boat." He chuckled at her, "Knuckin' futs." He said in a childish tone and she raised her eyebrow, "What?"

"Its from Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star." He stated as if she was supposed to actually understand what he meant. "Its a movie, Beca. With David Spade." He continued to talk as if it would click. "Oh right. I forgot, you're a fucking imbecile." His smile quickly dropped and was replaced with a saddened impression.

Shit. Why do I get the urge to fix this? I do t care! But those eyes, that face...SNAP OUT OF IT, BECA!

"You know I don't watch movies. How the hell would I understand that?"

"Right. Well, in the movie, he was a child star, and his catchphrase was 'this is knucking futs' rather than fucking nuts." He explains softly. She thinks about it for a moment, "Oh, I get it."

"Well, uh, this is it. Um, I've got all of your favorites. Pizza, tacos, chocolate, strawberries dipped in chocolate, m&ms, gummy worms, strawberry kiwi juice pouches, and..." He bends down and picks something up, "a 12 pack of beer." He shows her the box of alcoholic beverages. "Wow, you are not a very healthy woman."