Chapter 1: Like mother, like daughter

PROLOGUE 

☾·˚·✩·˚·˚·✩·˚·☽

You take a deep breath, looking out of the window of the car as it drives through the big gate that says 'Nevermore Academy', A slight feeling of disgust and annoyance creeps up on you. This was not what you wanted, this is what she wanted. After being expelled of yet another normie school due to misbehaving and well... Misusing your powers, she had left you no choice. You were being transferred to the one school you didn't want to go to. Why? Because of her, your mother. Larissa Weems. You had absolutely no interest of going to the same school your mother had went to and not to forget, what made it even worse was the fact that she now was running the school as its principal. It's one of the reasons why you didn't have a good bond with your mother, she mostly spend her days at Nevermore, which had you very annoyed. Not to forget that she kept you on a short leash due to you misusing your powers very often.

You thought that after the incident last year things would get better between you and your mother. Nightshade Poisoning is no joke, you know that now. You've seen the affects of it first hand.

You had just been pulled out of detention by the principal, he told you something very bad happened to your mother, he tried explaining what happened to her and told you that you had to make your way over to Jericho Central Hospital as soon as you could, so that's what you did.

You walk into the hospital room, very nervous because you had no idea what you would witness. You take a deep breath and look over at your mother, Larissa. She was all hooked up to several machines while laying almost... Lifeless, in the hospital bed. You gasp and rush over to her bedside, taking her hand almost immediately, which is something you rarely did. You weren't really good at showing your emotions or knew how to deal with them properly, that's probably why you got in trouble most of the time. You watch her as she slowly breaths in and out, her blueish skin in her face stood out to you the most, it was something you had never seen before. As you look closely you see a tiny puncture wound in her neck, you knew exactly where that came from. The needle.

"Mom? The doctors told me you're in a coma. They also told me people in a coma can hear the people around them speak. So I'm willing to give it a shot." You said softly, watching her while you speak. "The principal told me what happened to you, I can't believe this happened to you. Heck I can't believe this happened at a school like Nevermore. Isn't it supposed to be a school where outcasts can be themselves?" You then said, a slight tone of frustration in your voice. "And all of that for... Revenge? Nightshade Poisoning. It's clever, really. I like good revenge plots but not on my mom." You add and sigh deeply. "Especially since you weren't the target of her revenge. Wednesday Addams was her target and you got hurt, almost killed, in the process. I hate her for it." You admitted and squeezed her hand softly.

It was the truth, you never met Wednesday Addams but you already despised her.

You scoff softly as you think back to that day, Wednesday Addams had put your mother in grave danger, it almost killed her. You may have your struggles with your mother but you couldn't imagine not having her in your life.

As you snap back to reality, you look at the nature surrounding the school. To you this felt like a prison, it was surrounded by nothing but trees and so far away from civilization, you didn't like it. The school itself was huge, a beautiful castle, so big you could get easily lost in it. As the car pulls up the long driveway and the car parks there, you sigh once again. It was time. You checked your phone one more time before getting out of the car. You closed the door behind you and walked around the car to the trunk, you opened it and pulled your, surprisingly heavy, suitcase out of the trunk. What the hell have I packed? Rocks? And why did the handle have to break? For god's sake.