Chapter 7: Vision

Three weeks have passed since the attack on Enid.

The first week of the attack, the atmosphere at Nevermore was a bit different. Students and staff were more on guard, keeping an eye out for anything that seemed off. Some students even went to investigate for themselves, both on school grounds and outside in Jericho. But after two weeks, the students seemed to be less on guard and became more outgoing again. After a lot of warnings from principal Weems, most of the students even stopped investigating what happened to Enid.

The staff... Not so much.

Larissa had been in several meetings with the school staff over the past few weeks. There they'd talk about their investigations and their findings, if there were any findings. So far the investigation went cold. She decided to not have sheriff Galpin involved yet. The last thing she wanted was another investigation at Nevermore ran by the Jericho Police department, especially not after what happened last year. So for now she and the staff would have to figure this out by themselves. They had been on high alert the past couple of weeks, keeping an eye out for anything that seemed out of the ordinary, but so far, nothing.

There was a gnawing feeling though, she didn't like the fact that there was, yet again, someone targeting outcasts. She knew that this certain individual was an outcast as well because of what Enid had told her. This person used their telekinetic ability to smack her against the wall, a normie wouldn't be able to do that. At least not like that. It made her worry even more. But she was very thankful that no other student had been attacked by this certain individual. Yet...

Apart from the investigation on Enid's attack, she had a lot more going on in her mind. The Poe Cup was coming up and a few arrangements still had to be done. The Rave'n was only a couple of weeks away as well and she still had to sit down with the student council to figure out what the theme would be this year. And then there was you. She knew you were investigating Enid's attack with Wednesday and it worried her. She knew once you'd set your mind on something, you weren't going to let it go. She didn't want you to investigate this because she and the staff were already on it, there was no need for you to engage in all of this. She had given you several warnings but you didn't listen.

The word had gone around the whole school now that you're the daughter of the principal. Some students didn't care while others tried to befriend you. You wondered why though? It's not like there were any perks. You got treated just the same as any other student. Which you were totally fine with, by the way.

Being the principal's daughter was already more than enough for you to handle. Your mother was always keeping an eye on you, watching your every move, keeping track of your behavior and grades. It was annoying to say the least. Heck, you couldn't even keep your investigation with Wednesday a secret because somehow your mother had found out already.

You sit across the desk from your mother who was watching you with piercing eyes. Just ten minutes ago she had excused you from the astronomy class and you were wondering why.

"Why am I here?" You ask, curiosity could be heard in your voice.

Larissa was watching you with piercing eyes, one leg crossed over the other and her arms crossed."I want to know why you are investigating Enid Sinclair's attack." She says, a stern tone in her voice.

You lean forward a bit, your elbows resting on the desk as your chin rests on both your hands. You look at your mother and then raise your right eyebrow, letting out a soft sigh."Ofcourse you know about that. You know everything." You say, annoyance creeping up on you."I want to know who hurt Enid and find out why. She's my friend." You deadpan, giving her a nod. Purposely leaving out the fact that you want to get revenge on the person who did this to Enid.