Chapter 6: Vengeance

You push open the big, brown, wooden doors that led to the infirmary, making your way inside.

The infirmary was quite big. Hospital like beds placed around the room on both sides, privacy curtains attached to the metal railing above the beds. On the left side of the beds were patient monitors. These monitors would show the heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature of a person.

You take a good look around, noticing that the infirmary was well equipped for whatever injury an outcast could have, major or minor, it didn't matter. You were pretty sure that your mother had gotten the equipment in here upgraded after last year's incidents.

As you gaze around the room, you notice that almost all of the beds were empty, except one.

In one of the beds, that was placed in the corner close to one of the big windows, laid Enid. The monitor next to her was beeping softly to the sound of her heart rate. A nurse was working on the wounds on her face, cleaning them carefully. She had blonde hair tied up in a high ponytail, a slim figure, bright blue eyes, some freckles on her face and a tan, olive like skin tone. She seemed to be in her mid 30s.

As Enid lets out a loud hiss, the nurse stops in her tracks for a second."Easy now, I know it hurts. But it's already done." She says to Enid, giving her a small smile before putting band aid on the wounds. This way the wounds would be covered and less likely to get infected."Alright, that should do it for now. You're going to have to stay here for a few more hours. Just to rest." She then said, looking down at Enid before collecting the materials she had used to clean the wounds.

Enid watched the nurse closely, letting out a soft, relieved sigh when she said that she was done."Thank you, Ms. Clark." She said softly, returning a smile. She was still in pain though, due to the throw against the wall she had three badly bruised ribs and a light concussion. But she wasn't complaining, she was thankful that that was all. It could've been worse. She gives Ms. Clark a nod before she changes her gaze to you. She didn't notice you walking in just a couple of minutes earlier."Hey!" She said with a small smile on her face.

Ms. Clark looks at Enid for a few more seconds before walking away from her, walking to the bin and throwing the used materials in there. She gives you a small smile."You should get that cut checked out. I have to write a few things down, after that, I'll take a look at it." She said before she went to work on some paperwork at the medical office area that was in the infirmary. She had to write this incident with Enid down, the details about her injuries, she medicines she would get for the pain and her road to recovery.

As you watch Enid and Ms. Clark, you sigh in relief. Thank god she's okay. You then look at Ms. Clark as she speaks to you, returning a smile."Oh really it's nothing." You say, nodding your head."But if you insist, okay. Thank you." You add, shrugging your shoulders before changing your gaze to Enid."Hey, Enid." You say with a soft tone in your voice, walking up to the bed she was lying in. You then sit down on the chair that was placed next to it."How are you feeling?"

Enid watched you get closer and tried to sit up. She then lets out a soft groan because sitting up hurt a bit.

You notice Enid struggling with sitting up so you get up again, leaning over, helping her carefully before sitting back down and watching her closely.

"Thank you for not letting me struggle." She said and lets out a soft chuckle."And thank you for coming." She adds, giving you a smile before leaning her back against the headboard of the bed."I feel okay. Apparently I have three badly bruised ribs and a light concussion." She nods her head and rests her hands on top of the duvet.

You give her a smile and nod your head before letting out a soft chuckle as well."No need to thank me." You lean forward a bit, cacking a small smirk."I have to admit, it would be amusing to watch you struggle like that though." You joke."But... You've been through enough today already." You add before crossing one leg over the other."I'm glad you're okay. I worried sick about you, Enid." A slight tone of concern in your voice could be heard."You didn't deserve this. I will find out who did this to you and make them pay." You say with now a more threatening tone in your voice. You meant every word of it. You were going to find out who did this to Enid and make them pay, one way or another.