Chapter 5 - Sophie/Keefe

I watch I'm glitter away and I give him a sad smile. I feel really bad that I told him that after so many years of liking him. I can't believe what just happened! Of course the day I get over my crush he confesses he likes me. That's just my luck. I don't know what to do, so I head up stairs.

I walk in my room trying to find something to do. I keep walking until Vertina clicks on and says,
"Finally," in her snobby, I'm better then you voice, "why haven't you used me in a while? Actually don't answer that question. What happened? You either got a broken heart over a boy or for one..." then it all clicks in for her. "Okay I want every detail. Spill." I sigh then say,
"So I happen to have had a crush on this really cute boy and..." I explain it all. I don't leave any details out, well maybe a few about me and Keefe, but that's just reflexes, I think.
"Wow... that's a tough one. Well, don't worry, this other boy—Keefe sounds perfect. You should ask him out." She smiles like she just gave the best advice in the world.
"I... how could you even mention that. I mean seriously I just got over Fitz and... I'm not even ready to be in a relationship." I say this trying to calm myself, she makes it seem so easy, but I know more then that. I know how it's never going to work out—even if Keefe did like me. There is no way that Keefe could ever like me like that...I don't even know why Im even thinking about this anymore. It's never going to happen. That is final, no more thinking like that. Ever. I try to shove the thought into a locked box deep down, but I am interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Hello?" A beautiful voice says from the doorway and I don't know what's happening but I feel like my heart just melts. Oh no! What am I going to do now?

. . .

Keefe
I knock on the door, dragging out my 'hello?'  Then I hear a squeaky high pitched,
"Come in." I wonder what's happened to Foster. She sounds like she has gone half Sandor. I see her standing near her bed, her eyes wide and her hands fidgety. She looks like she's going to faint. Then out of nowhere her emotions hit me and I can assure you they didn't just hit me, they hit me hard.
"Wow Foster, what's with all the emotions." I say this smirking but I really am overwhelmed. "But seriously Foster, what happened, you seem to have very mixed feelings.
"I... um..." she sighs and fidgets with her hair.
"Did something happen with you and Fitz's?" I try to say this so calmly, but I still can hear the sadness in my voice.
"I... okay let's get this over with, huh." I look at her and then move towards her and I silently ease her to her bed I hold her gloved hands. I still feel something more with her but I don't know if that's just because... so I don't mention it.
"Okay. So, Fitz came over today and said he has something to tell me about," she says this slowly, staring towards, as if replaying the scene in her mind as she tells the story. "And of course I was fine to go and talk to him... so we went to Callas tree and he sat there next to me and..." her voice fades away. I can't understand her emotions.
"You know you don't have to tell me. Okay." I say this reassuring her as much as I can.
"No, I need to tell someone and..." I really wanted her to finish that sentence. I keep trying to figure what she was going to say when she continues. "Anyway, he told me he liked me, like like-likes me and I... I said I don't like him anymore." Foster looks at me, like she's waiting for me to crack a joke. I can't process it all so quickly. She doesn't like Fitz anymore. I don't know what to do. So I ask,
"How did he take it?" We both know Fitz isn't so great at controlling his temper and... well I need to know if Sophie's okay.
"He didn't look mad, he looked more upset." She reaches up and pulls an eyelash out. I honestly don't know how she does that. I've tried it once and it hurts. She is definitely one of the toughest elves I've met. Then I ask the most important question,
"Are you okay?" I look at her and she looks back at me with those stunning eyes.
"I-I'm doing fine, I'm just a little shocked. I mean, the day I get over my crush he confesses." She says this calmly then realises what she just admitted and she turns around to hide her blushing.
"Hey Foster, it's okay. Pretty sure everyone new you had a crush on Fitz, well apart from Fitz himself of course. And it's not your fault you don't like him, so don't you dare keep feeling guilty," she opens her mouth to say something but I just cut her off adding, "don't even try to deny it. Empath remember." I give a sad smile to her and she leans against me and we are basically hugging. I am so relaxed and I feel right at home.
"Point for Sokeefe." Ro says, making them jump apart and she raises a eyebrow, "forgot we were here didn't ya." Then Sophie tenses and yells,
"Everything you have heard—" she is cut off voices chorusing back,
"Is not to be repeated under any circumstances, we know Miss Foster." Normally that wouldn't be creepy but having all of her bodyguards say that is sync and is the same times is kinda unsettling.
"Anyway, nice to know that you two are in the clear, no Fitzphie in the way. Now go ahead, be together or something mushy like that." Ro says this smirking and I look at her glaring. Then I hear someone clear their throat and I look up. Grady.
"I think that's my cue. Bye Foster, and if you need anything, I'm only one leap away." I leave quickly, still stealing one glance at Sophie. She is so amazing. And I leave, grab my home crystal and glittering away. The last thing I do is wave and smile a bit.

Hi guys, thanks for reading, you guys are amazing. This was and interesting chapter, I mean I cracked 1000 words but if you think about that, it's not really that much. Okay questions also just so you know, I love feedback so go ahead with it all.
1) in Kotlc who do you think will actually end up together?
2) are you close with your family, I mean I heard some people nearly contact there family and I was shocked.
3) would you rather live forever or die tomorrow.
Thanks for reading
-KeefeFoster4life