Chapter 6 - Grady/Sophie

Grady
I sigh as I find them sitting there hugging. Sophie really likes him, she just doesn't know it yet. I mean, I'm definitely not going to be the one to give her that little push towards him to make it happen, but I know it will. I like Keefe, okay no, I don't like Keefe, but I know he's good for Sophie, and if he's good enough for Sophie, then he's good enough for me. Not that I would ever admit that. I swear Edaline really wants to make bets on how soon it will happen, and who it will be with. I know she's all 'SoKeefe' but she will support anyone if they're good for Sophie. Bit for now, I have to make sure that they don't exactly gay too close too soon (aka the overprotective dad).
"Hi Sophie." I try to sound casual but I can see her terror, I know she can see another boy talk coming on. "So, how's Keefe."
"Yeah, he's all good." She says this calmly but she pulls an eyelash out and the ruins the whole act.
"Well, Sophie, you two seem very close lately." I pause as I go to sit on her bed. I do and her shoulders tense.
"Yeah, he's a good friend." I know this conversation is going to be a big one sentence each time one. Here we go.
"I know you find these talks very embarrassing but... sometimes it's the best way to go... I mean your sixteen."
"I know... and...?"
"And you are bound to have a boyfr—" Edaline cuts me off coming into the room.
"I'm just gonna cut you off there, I mean have you seen the look on Sophie's face, do you really want her to stop breathing?"
"Sandor, I thought you were on my side." I say annoyed he didn't inform me of her comings.
"I'm sorry, but can you blame me." He says and Eda smiles.
"Thanks Mum." Sophie says reaching out for her hand. Of course, there going to team up on me. What's new. I need Kesler over or someone to back me up.
"Honestly Grady, you don't have to talk to her about this again. She knows and I'm sure if she starts dating she will tell us. Right Sophie?"
Sophie looks like she just fell for the trap and she answers,
"Of course I will." She mumbles this, obviously not wanting to agree.
"Oh really?" I say leading her to another trap, "do you promise?"
Sophie scowls, "Yes, fine, I promise. Now seriously, Edalines right, I don't need the talk again."
"Fine."

. . .

Sophie
I can't believe we went through that again. Seriously, will he ever let me off the hook. It's not like I'm exactly looking for a relationship. I am only sixteen. Why does everyone presume this is the age that people start dating. I roll my eyes. I decide to hail Biana. I haven't talked to her in a while. I hail then as soon as it starts I realise that Biana is a Vacker and Fitz is a Vacker and Fitz might be there and... my thoughts fade away when I see her beautiful face full the screen.
"OMG Sophie, we haven't talked in ages. What's up?" I raise an eyebrow and say,
"You presume that there's something going on? Can't we just have some girl time?"
"Oh really? You should totally come over. Mum and Dad miss you and want to see you again. Plus I think Keefe is here and we could play base quest."
"Huh, we haven't played that in ages." I say without thinking. Am I really agreeing to this, Fitz will be there then and...I honestly don't know what to do. "Okay. Should I come over then?" It is a good idea, or at least I keep telling myself that.