Quid Pro Woe

A/N: Hey there, it's me, I hope you're having a good day or evening. I just want to say thank you for reading, never would I have thought of reaching the 3k, let alone reaching the triple digits on the votes.
So, thank you very much for taking the time to read this silly little story of mine.

Remember, if you're in need of a listening ear, don't be afraid of sending a message, I'm not very good with advice, but I do want to help and let everyone be happy. Right then, enough of that, time for the chapter. *Poof*

Wednesday POV

In case you're wondering, I don't hold séances very often. I can barely tolerate the living. Why would I want to commune with the dead?
But my mother told me Goody is the only one that can train me to control my psychic ability.
The sooner I master that, the sooner I crack this case.

"Sorry." Enid said closing the door behind her.

"I didn't mean to interrupt your... Uh, do I even want to know?" Enid said unsure of what Wednesday was doing.

"I was reaching into the black maw of death to contact a relative." I explained to Enid.

"Feels very on-brand for you. You have a relative named Goody?" Enid asked.

"She was one of the original outcasts. Been attempting to summon her, but she seems to be ignoring my entreaties."

"Oh, you thought about using one of my scented candles? The aroma of steak tartare is to die for." Enid said highly recommending the candle, only for a piece of paper to be slid underneath the door.

"Maybe Goody answered you after all." Enid said.

"I doubt she communicates in magazine cut-outs." I said questioning her reasoning.

The paper read If you want answers, meet inside Crackstone's crypt. Midnight.
I was planning on going to the crypt, but was interrupted by the sound of an explosion and a loud thud against the wall. I decided to investigate what was happening with Enid following behind. Opening the door to a certain persons room, we were greeted with a room filled with smoke, black coloured substance on the ground and Y/N on the floor.

"Y/N!" Enid said as she ran to him.

"What happened?" I asked curiously, only for him to let out a nervous chuckle.

"Well, uhm, you see"

(10 Minutes Prior)
Y/N POV

"Oooh, I can't wait, bake faster please!" I said excited staring at the oven, waiting for the Jammie Dodgers to finish baking. "It's been a while since I had them, I can't wait"

Hearing a ding come from the oven. I saw that they were done baking, I grabbed the oven mitts and carefully grabbed the tray from the oven. Everything went well, until I stepped on a failed project, which exploded on me, making me fly across the room and land against the wall.

(Present)

"So, all of this happened, because you weren't paying attention while you were overexcited for some biscuits?" Wednesday said.

"Some biscuits?! I'll have you know Jammie Dodgers are a part of the holy grail on snacks!" I said striking back at Wednesday, who responded with a facepalm.

"We were about to investigate Crackstone's crypt, you should come along." Enid said inviting me along.

"An investigation at a creepy crypt which totally doesn't sound suspicious, sure, count me in" I said with a shrug.

(A little bit later in the forest)

"You know, this is pretty fun, it's very ominous, reminds me of the days I was running for my life. Good times." I said excited.