If You Don't Woe Me by Now

A/N
Hello again, It's me.

I'm still alive, I've been told that's a good thing, sorry for my absence, but it appears that working on a chapter every week wasn't my smartest plan, I got burned out.

Anyway, sorry if the story feels a bit clunky, I get the feeling I'm a bit rusty with the writing stuffs.

I think I wrote the first half while I was starting to burn out, the other half is rusty me starting again.

Like I said my apologies, and thank you for being patient with me, now then it's time, to blow the dust of these pages and start it back up again.

Today is a bit of an unfortunate day, why? Because it's the day of Mayor Walker's funeral. Funerals are nothing new to me, when you've lived a long life you start getting used to them. I've seen friends die, some died of old age surrounded by family and friends passing on peacefully, while others didn't have that kindness, some of them have been murdered by the scum of the earth. Off course I hunted them down

As people were moving away from the funeral, I noticed that Wednesday had left. Knowing her she probably didn't see any reason to stick around, I should go too, for the murderer is still walking free...

As I was returning to my room a thought struck me, why is my locator emitting such a strong signal, when I'm near the Nightshade library?

"Maybe I should go ahead and investigate, discover whatever is lurking down there" I said speaking to myself. "It's better to wait for nightfall, less people to get in my way"

(Some Hours Later)

Nightfall has arrived, so that means it's time for me to make my move.

Walking towards the statue I snapped twice and waited for the door way to open.

"I'm surprised that no one accidently found this place, what if someone randomly snapped their fingers twice? Wouldn't really be a secret club anymore then" as I walked down the stairs searching for anything useful.

"Why are you so active when I'm around here?" I said inspecting the device.

"You know, it's quite funny that people think they can hide from me" I said turning in the direction of the individual that was hiding
"You'd better show yourself, or I won't hesitate to blow up this entire room with the both of us in it" I said making my threats fill the room.
"Don't even think about doing anything" grabbing the remote from my pocket. "Remote detonation always has been one of my favourite things to use"

"Now, there is no need for that, I'm not looking forward to getting blown up yet" they said as they made themselves known, revealing them to be a pale and bald headed male with a hunched back.

"Good, it's quite nice when people listen, first of all, let's start with a name" I said pointing the remote at him.

"Fester Addams" He said, making me lower the remote from him and letting out an audible sigh.

"I should've known" I said facepalming. "There aren't a lot of people that are pale like the Addams, well, if you don't count corpses." I said wandering back to the bookcases. Fester still not moving an inch further.

"Don't worry about me blowing up the room, that was a lie, this little thing is actually a flashlight." I said clicking the button making it light up.

"Now then, I take it your visit has something to do with Wednesday?" I asked Fester.

"You know Wednesday?" Fester asked curiously.

"Why of course, our strings of time have intertwined with each other in solving this mystery monster." I told him, only to realize I never stated my name.
"Oh where are my manners, I'm Y/N L/N, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." I said while doing a bow. "Now then, back to business" I said continuing with my investigation on why there was so much activity whenever I was around the Nightshade's room.