Chapter 3

Lydia slightly stirs in the hospital bed while it seemed like it was late at night. Her eyes opened as she looked at the boy laying with his head besides her. She smiled as she dragged her fingers through his brunette hair and saw his eyes opening up.

"How long have you been here?" Lydia asked.

"Not long," Stiles said, blinking, as Lydia could see he was beyond tired.

"You're lying," Lydia said as Stiles smiled.

"Maybe I just don't want you to get worried," Stiles said as Lydia exhaled while she sat up.

"I don't know how to say this," Lydia said as Stiles looked at her.

"You can tell me anything, Lydia. You never have to be afraid to talk to me," Stiles said as Lydia exhaled.

Stiles took her hand in his, attempting for it to comfort her, but it didn't. He saw as Lydia just got more and more anxious telling him what she wants to say was something big. He had moved from the chair where he was sitting onto the bed, next to Lydia, while he looked into her emerald eyes. He smiled at her while both had attempted to speak, but stopping when they saw the other wanted to speak.

Lydia bit her lip while looking down at her hand in Stiles'. It didn't feel wrong. Lydia hadn't entirely been honest with anyone. Not with Allison nor with Jackson when he asked a million questions before the formal. He had asked about Stiles and what Lydia felt, but she denied it. She always has.

Stiles looked at Lydia. Her thoughts flashing through her mind and her lips standing still. Her eyes were fixed on his hand while he didn't know what to tell her. He wanted to open his mouth and tell her something. But, he can't even remember what it was that he wanted to say, nor did he think he would get a positive feedback.

"Lydia," Stiles managed to say as she looked at him.

She slightly leaned forward while she slowly started to process everything. She smiled at him, finally making eye contact, while it seemed like something Stiles waited forever for. Pressing her lips together, the eye contact became more intense as both suddenly wanted to say something, but both were scared. Stiles moved closer to Lydia as he gently caressed her cheek. She smiled at the soft touch while she looked at him. Without hesitation, Lydia leaned forward causing their lips to crash. It was a soft kiss filled wit emotion and Stiles could tell it was genuine. Kissing her back, Stiles felt the softness of her lips, as she finally pulled away. Lydia laid her head against his, smiling, as Stiles chuckled.