Chapter 4

She was out of the hospital and although Stiles knew there was a lot he nor Scott were telling Lydia, he didn't speak his mind. His mind was still on the kiss that he and Lydia had shared and although he knew that there was something that he could do to help Lydia through everything, he wanted to protect her as much as he could.

"Have you been completely honest with Lydia yet?" Scott asked while Stiles looked at his best friend.

"No, I haven't. Her questions aren't really that complicated or related to the supernatural world like I thought they would be. It's more about how I've been coping with it all. I definitely will talk to her more about it all when..." Stiles said as he heard his phone ringing.

"Yeah, Dad, what's wrong?" Stiles asked.

"I have launched the investigation, but Lydia isn't really talking," Noah said.

"Wait what does Lydia have to do with anything?" Stiles asked as Scott looked at him.

"She got injured while an animal was running around high school," Noah said as Stiles exhaled dragging his hand through his hair.

"Okay, I'll be right there. My father is going to drive me insane," Stiles said as he went out of the house.

Stiles looked at everything standing right outside of the police. He looked at Lydia's car standing outside while he felt his own heart racing. He shook his head as he got out of the jeep and went inside the station. He didn't know what he would find nor how he would deal with his father. Seeing as Lydia was sitting in front of the sheriff's office, Stiles smiled. Approaching the girl slowly, Lydia stood up, as she went to Stiles. He didn't say anything to her. All he did was smile and pulled her closer into him. Being the son of the sheriff, Stiles knew that his father was brutal at times, especially when it came to the town.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked as Lydia nodded.

"I don't know what to tell him," Lydia said as Stiles exhaled and pulled away.

"Don't worry," he said gently cupping her cheek and kissing her forehead.

"I've got this one," Stiles said as he went into his father's office.

"Stiles, you got here quick," Noah said as Stiles closed the door.

"Are you serious, Dad? Dragging poor Lydia into this mess days after she got discharged. Give the poor girl some time to just recover and get over the shock," Stiles said.

"And in the meantime, the pressure is on me. Forget it. You get the..."

"I told you what happened. If you don't believe me, so be it, but you leave Lydia alone," Stiles said.