Chapter One: Gareth's Younger Sister

The date was October 13th. The weather was gorgeous; the sun was still out, and leaves of all colors were scattered against the ground, some still on trees. The wind blew the trees and remaining plants around, and the air smelt of caramel and citrus. As the wind made the leaves dance around, the world seemed to go silent, dead silent, it was beautiful, usually, at 3 pm the streets were loud, but not today, this was an unusual day...

Gareths POV:

I walked through the halls of my high school, I was in a group of my friends, we were considered the scary 'Freaks' of the school, my group consisted of; Eddie Munson, Jeff, Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and some other guys' whose name I forgot, sorry dude. I noticed Jeff and Eddie talking, and Mike, Lucas, and Dustin were talking as well, I was lost in my thoughts till I felt a bump to my shoulder, it was my stupid sister, Emma. She grumbled and glared up at me, I just gave her a cheeky smile in return. My group stopped dead in their tracks but continued their conversation. Emma crossed her arms over her chest, her blonde hair was shining in the hallway light, basically blinding me, jeez..., soon she started to speak, in a rather mean tone, which didn't go well with my temper.

"Gar, please tell me these boys aren't coming over, you're always loud, and I never get to listen to music!" She yelled at me, looking up at me with her ocean-filled eyes, god damn I wish I could drown in a fucking ocean just hearing her speak, eck., Eddie had glanced over at her, keeping his eyes on her for a little while it seemed like he was trying to figure her out, and I noticed but didn't say anything to him, why would I? It's not like he's gonna try anything on her.

"Oh, my God, shut up, Emma. You could just use my headphones, you won't hear anything but your stupid music." I said, rather harshly, and I pushed her out of the way a bit. I'm not being mean, this is how brothers treat their sisters on a regular basis, but if anyone or anything hurt her, I'd be there immediately, no one could take that spot away from me...I think. 

I walked with Eddie and the rest out to our lockers, I grabbed some of the few books I needed and threw them into my backpack, was I gonna do my homework? No. I also grabbed a few of my training cards, just in case I needed them for our DnD game tonight. As I slammed my locker shut Eddie looked at me starting to speak

"Dude, you driving us, or should I drive you and the rest to your place for tonight?" Eddie asked as he grabbed his lunchbox, he never let me see what was in it, it was probably a porno magazine or something, plus he wasn't the type to bring a gun or anything like that to school, he wasn't like that. after I glanced down at his lunchbox I spoke in my usual monotoned voice

"I have to take Emma home, if you brought your car, could you take all of us?" I asked Eddie, and the rest of the group laughed and talked to each other, Dustin and Mike were yelling some incoherent things that I didn't really pay attention to, I didn't care for it. As I waited for an answer from Munson I felt this startling feeling on my back, it was Emma, jumping on me, she had a smile on her face, as she smiled at the rest of the group, Emma was pretty close to the group, but not as close as me. The reason she was close was due to them coming over like every day, plus we all grew up together, she really took a liking to Eddie though, and I could tell why, he's very charismatic. Eddie smiled back at her, giving a light wink, she seemed to jump down quicker when he did that, jeez my sister is weird. Emma walked over to Dustin and Mike, talking to them like usual, as I continued my conversation with Eddie.