Chapter 6 -- Baby Fox

Showering was a strange experience when you are covered from head to toe in snow white fur. I washed between my legs, allowing the water to flow through my fur...it was oddly relaxing!  

When I was done, I shook off the water in the shower basin, puffing up like a tiny fur ball. I then took a towel and attempted to dry myself. It took a few minutes to soak up as much water from my fur, but soon I was dried and dressed in pink undergarments, looking at myself in the mirror.

I stared at myself as not only have I changed into a little kitsune girl, but I also now looked like a younger version of sister! My fur was white, and my eyes had changed from blue to amber. Unlike sis, I was quite underdeveloped for a girl. If anyone had seen me, they would think that I was a blood child of mother. I looked like a ¾ version of her with a little of my own self in my characteristics.

So much of my body had changed into something that was more animalistic and less human in appearance. My head no longer bore any resemblance to that of a human. I looked like a baby fox that had been superimposed upon the silhouette of a human child.

I touched my face as my brilliant amber eyes glistened as I thought 'Oh my gosh! I look so darn cute now!' I could see myself remaining like this forever. I wondered if I would look cuter when I reach the age of being 'finished.' I entertained myself with this fantasy as I spun around, watching the pink skirt with white flowers flutter out. My fluffy tail eagerly swished from side to side, happily.

'Why did I then fight this?!' I wondered as I felt that being a little girl was not all that bad. And being a baby fox girl in the loving and safe arms of mother seemed like a fantasy that I have always desired: I now have a family! And I am no longer an orphan. I even have an amazing sister who personally understands what I am going through.

I happily stepped out of the bathroom and returned to the spare room as I posed and danced, showing myself off to mom and sister "Mama! I did it! Fufufu!" I giggled.

Mother was over the moon with joy as she swept me off of my feet and spun around with me as she held me close to her chest, bringing my face close to her own fuzzy face "And look at you, my love! You are so cute that I could gobble you right up!" I knew that she was joking as I laughed, caught in a moment of pure joy and giddiness.

I became self-aware of my own weightlessness as I begged of mother "Mama, please put me down!" I laughed, still caught up in the unadulterated joys of a child. Mother just smiled as she gently lowered me down to the floor.

"Still independent I see! Fufufu..." she giggled as I nodded, still wanting to be in charge of myself "Guess I will still treat you as a big girl, for now."

"Fufufufu!" Hanami giggled as I gave her a wicked glare "Big girl...I think not!?"

I growled and bristled as mom and sister did not take my threats seriously. I was far too cute to be threatening! I recalled my look in the bathroom mirror as I sighed, lowering my head as I knew that I was slowly losing it. I was turning into a natural born kitsune whether I liked it or not; and my humanity was now slowly slipping away from me as a result.

Mother placed her hands upon my shoulders as I calmed down, glancing up at her "Your sister is only teasing you! Come, maybe an hour of television will help you relax." Mom took my hand as she guided us into the large living room that was Western-like. I looked at the large blank-screen TV as I have never had the pleasure of watching TV in my whole life...this was a real treat!

I looked at shelves full of books, artifacts, family heirlooms, and a comfy sofa and chairs. I was stunned as all I could do was gasp in surprise "Uwa...!"