Chapter 9

A new day has come, everybody was awoken getting dressed and ready. Wearing their black suits, and black dresses. Getting ready to say their final goodbyes, to a friend who everybody loved truly and deeply. It was hard to let her go, but it is now time to say goodbye. It will be hard to imagine life without seeing her face appearing in front of me, as she does something that seemed stupid to others to make me laugh. Bryan was ready, done his hair and waited for his mother to come and start driving. It was a small church above a small hill, where the funeral will be held. It's gonna be one depressing long day, we'll go to do the service at the church. And end the day at the park she loved and have a big barbecue with her friends and family. There were a few barbecues around the park, not many people used them, but they still work perfectly as some people comes in checking on them doing repair work.

The mother was ready we both walked outside, i ran towards the car waiting for her to unlock it. The mother unlocked the car, Bryan jumped in shutting the car door beside him as he puts on his seatbelt. The mother done the same, as she starts turning on the car. Going backwards, to get onto the road before she starts heading off. They were leaving about an hour early as it will be half an hour drive. Driving down the road, stopping by the red lights leaving when it's green. The music they played from their Spotify playlist, using Bluetooth to connect with the car radio so they don't need to hear terrible songs, and ad breaks. They drive on it felt like it was a everlasting drive! The car was slowly running out of petrol, so they had to stop at the nearest gas station. The mother left the car, putting the tube to fill up the car. When it's fulled enough she left to enter the building to pay for the gas. When she was finished with doing that, she went back in the car driving away once again.

Up the roads, taking turns when needed. Stopping through lights, it been 40 minutes in a car. And the funeral is about it start shortly, we couldn't be late for this! The car followed down the road, it wasn't far from here just down the hill to the left! They drove down the hill, they were like 6 minutes away so they shouldn't be late. But a bit early to turn up, but people should start showing up around the church by now. We take the left turn, parking the car in a free parking space. We walked up the pathway, leading up to the church on the hill. We sat down at the second front row, waiting for everyone to show up and so this can begin. The family of Taylor shown up, so did her other family members like her grandparents. Bryan sat there, as someone sat next him it was Johnny! He had shown up, as he said! They smiled at each other, but soon stopped smiling as it was about to begin. The man dressed in white appeared with a book, probably the bible or something.

"Is everyone here?" The man makes sure everyone has arrived, before starting. Everyone was here so it was all good, the man in white started to speak once more. "We're here today, to pay our respects to Taylor had been taken away from us not long ago." The man said with a sad serious voice. And then he started reading random stuff from the book, talking about God and heaven. It went on for ages about 20 minutes. Then the mother stood up, because people do speeches at funerals.

"She was taken at a young age; she was an innocent girl." The mother said as tears came running down. "She was a sweet daughter; she was caring and a great friend." The mother said as more tears came down her face. "Upsettingly, i got mad at her causing her to run out of the car. I'm the only person to be blamed, I don't know why i gotten made at her. She had a male friend; I didn't want her to have males around her at an age like this. But whoever Bryan is thanked you for being a great friend to my daughter!" The mother said as she cried more, as Bryan started to cry a bit tear flowing down his face. People done their speeches and saying their farewells to Taylor.

Bryan stood up, as his name was called. He knew that Taylor wouldn't wanted Bryan to be upset, so when he spoken, he said the good memories of their everlasting friendship, even though she's gone the friendship is still going in his mind, and heart.

"She was a good friend, my only friend at the time. She was kind, caring and supportive." He said looking down as tears appeared. "She used to do random stuff that made people look at her like she's mental, but she was being funny. She would do anything to help when someones down, even if she has to look weird to do so." The said crying away a river! "I miss her, but she will always remain as my best friend no matter what comes my way." Bryan said as the tears flown down his cheeks.

An hour went by, as the funeral had ended. "Anyone we're gonna have a barbecue at the park, you are all welcome." The mother said as she cried and missed her daughter so much! There was never a day that passes that she never blames herself for fighting with her daughter. She wished the daughter was still here, with us all. The mother should have not judged her friend Bryan without meeting him. She now realised how much Bryan was important to her very own daughter. "Mum, can we go to the park?" Bryan said wonderingly. "Sure!" The mother said in a Happy voice. "See you at the park Bryan!" Johnny said to Bryan as they all walk towards their car.

The church was now empty, everybody left. The cars driving towards the park where Taylor always hanged at with Bryan. Everyone eventually arrived at the park, as the adults started cooking on the barbecue. The kids played around the park, as Bryan and Johnny started sitting together on the bench that Taylor always use to sit at. Johnny given Bryan a hug. Johnny's mother walked towards us, and she wanted to talk to Johnny alone. They walked a bit, but in my visible view. The mother given Johnny a big hug, as she cried.

"I'm sorry about my stupidity, you should love whoever you want to love." The mother said as she hated herself for how she had treated Johnny based on his sexuality! She was upset, she realised how much family means to us all. "Well, want to meet my boyfriend?" Johnny asked. "Sure!" The mother replied now trying to become a better mother. "This is my boyfriend, Bryan!" Johnny said as he walked towards Bryan. "Hi Bryan." The mother said happily. "Hi..." Bryan's response was awkward, but that is the awkward thing about life itself.

Bryan's mother got to meet his boyfriend, Johnny. Taylors mother hugged Bryan as she cried! "Thank you for being my daughter's friend!" The mother said in happy tears. "No problem, she was a great friend. Still is, always will be." Bryan replied remembering the good times with Taylor.

Everyone gathered around the barbecue as we grabbed whatever we're gonna eat. We all sat down at a long wooden table at the park, and ate. As we talked about the pass, happy and funny memories we had with Taylor. Bryan had to much to tell, so he just told the funnier moments!

Taylor was the type of person who would make sure everyone was having a good time. And if you weren't, she would do something in the hopes of making you happier or even laugh. She would support you through life tragedies, as we would support her through her downfalls.