.4.

Two years had passed since that night, yet Jeremy still sent up a silent thank you to their queen every day for bringing the two of them together, for if she didn't. he knew he wouldn't of survived much longer alone.

Wolves are social animals, they depend on and need a pack to survive Without one they feel lost and without purpose. For a born Alpha like Jeremy to be without a pack was even more excruciating and dangerous.

That's why he was also forever thankful to dean, he kept his word that day only taking a little drop of blood before handing him back the only thing that kept Jeremy sane at that time.

Whether Jeremy wanted to be or not, He had became Dean's Alpha that day he was bound to him just as much as Jeremy was now bound to Dean. It didn't matter that he was of a completely different species all that matters when creating a pack was loyalty.

He vowed loyalty to Jeremy just as Jeremy had done the same and as soon as he drank from that vial the bond was cemented within them both like it had always been there, it felt as if they had always been with each other.

Dean was his sanity now, he grounded Jeremy to this earth and gave him a sense of duty. It was his job to protect him, he had vowed it that night and had meant it with all of his being.

"Oh you know the usual, my wolf nearly got me killed" changing his mind on not wanting a beer. Jeremy swiped the cold bottle dean had just set on the slightly sticky table before gulping down half of it.

Dean raised his eyebrow at him in question his green eyes shining for him to continue.

So Jeremy did.

He told his best friend everything about the previous night from his possible near death experience to the strange yet attractive being that had supposedly saved Jeremy from hunters.

"That's all he said.. that he's waiting for her return?" Dean sent Jeremy a look of confusion before ordering another beer.

"Yeah and that he's just another forgotten warrior" he added. "You should of seen him though Dean, he's like nothing we've ever came across before"

"And he just let you go after knocking you unconscious and tying you to a tree?"

Dean couldn't understand what the strangers motive was for just letting Jeremy go. After patrolling and protecting the city for two years now there wasn't much the two hadn't seen.

There was a lot of dangers hidden in the shadows of New Orleans and a lot more unsuspecting humans just wanting to have a peaceful, normal life.

Which was getting a lot more difficult now since Luka knight had been appointed Alpha king after winning the fight against his twin brother and claiming the throne after years of it being abolished.

It wasn't that Alpha Luka was a bad king or alpha in fact he was a great leader and a loyal alpha but something deep down within Jeremy knew he wasn't their rightful king and it wasn't just Jeremy who felt this way.

The throne belonged to their queen and queen only.

After all she was the one who built the castle brick by brick herself over a hundred years ago after she had brought peace and hope to multiple species.

Now that someone had claimed her throne most supernatural beings had began to believe she wasn't coming back. The shift of power left them all feeling anxious on what was next to come, Both Jeremy and Dean being among them.

"I wouldn't worry too much brother, he didn't seem like a threat to me or someone that will be causing us any problems" Jeremy spoke trying to ease the worry evident on Dean's face.