The Encounter

"Okay, so what's the outfit that you're going to wear on your first date?" Said Alex excitedly. One could say she was teeming with it. Mara had asked all her close friends (so pretty much just the twins and Alex) to come over and hang out, which at that point she had to spill everything to Alex, because she was totally confused on what to do with her love life.

"Al, he hasn't even asked me out yet, he just told me to text him." Mara sighed, a small smirk danced on her features. Of course her best friend would get super excited when told the story.

"Mar, he kissed you!" She stated excitedly, her eyebrows raised high on her forehead.

"Mara, I'm sure this guy's great and all, but he seems like a douche bag, I mean, he's kind of a jerk to you at school with his friends around-BRIAN YOU LITTLE SHIT!!!!!!" Colby screamed and started punching buttons on the X-Box remote, and according to Colby's protests, Brian was winning. Even though Mara tried to distract them with her X-Box, they still had listened in on the girls conversation. Mara was relieved she had tweaked the story so that they never found out about anything supernatural. She basically made it sound like they had both wondered to the same part of the woods, and had talked with each other.

"SUCK IT COLBY!!!!!! Yeah he's a total player, I know guys like him, it's not good Mar." Said Brian, who was no doubt winning. Part of Mara felt flattered that her boys cared about her, but another part of her felt like she should defend Adrian.

She shook her head, dismissing the feeling. Right then, Mara gets a text on her phone. Her stomach flips, it's Adrian. "He wants to meet me at the park in half an hour." Said Mara monotonously, Alex looks over, and a look of pure joy crosses her features.

"EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! It's him!" She screeched, and pushed Mara into her closet. "I knew it! now pick out something."

Mara came out of the closet 10 minutes later wearing a strapless yellow floral sundress and strappy sandals. "It's too small." She frowned.

"Are you kidding? it's perfect!" Alex handed Mara her purse and car keys and pushed her out the door. "Go get em', and we will be waiting for you when you get back."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||20 minutes later|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Mara pulled up to the parking lot and surveyed her surroundings, there was Adrian sitting at a park bench about 50 yards ahead with his back turned from her. She felt a strong tug towards him and gripped the steering wheel until her knuckles turned white, butterflies where waging war in her stomach. She took a deep breath and got out of the car towards Adrian. Once she was there he had already gotten up and was smiling at her.

"Wow, you look nice." He beamed, his golden eyes glowing, and bit his lip, Mara blushed and wrung her hands.

"You dont look too bad yourself, Romeo." She smirked, he was wearing a black leather jacket, a red T-Shirt and blue jeans with black and white converse.

"Well then, shall we walk?" He stuck his elbow out for her, and she hooked hers through his.

"We shall." She nodded and they walked along an empty trail into the green woods.

"So, how are you?" He asked casually.

"Pretty good, how about you?" She volleyed back, but Adrian could feel her nervousness very clearly, through their touch. In her electric blue eyes, lime green flecks started to appear.

"Fantastic." He smiled, "Hey can i ask you something about your......Mermaid-ness?"

"Shoot."

"So when do you transform? Because its pretty humid right now and you would think the water molecules would make you transform." He ranted on, furrowing his eyebrows in thought.

"Well smarty pants, I only transform when fully submerged in saltwater." Mara smiled, restating her moms words. It was hard for her not to be happy with him

"So then how do you turn back?" He pryed.

"I have to be fully dry, but the whole process is kind of painful."

"Oh, yeah I remember the first time I transformed into a We-" He stopped suddenly, he could hear his Ex girlfriend, Desire laughing up ahead with some of her popular friends. "Shhh someone's coming." he whispered, and pulled her into the woods.

Mara's eyes flickered red, she was angry, "Of course, you dont want to be seen with me."

"Mar-" He protests.

"No it's fine, I get it." She gritted her teeth and yanked her arm from his. She walked up towards the trail and pulled her short skirt down farther.

"Wait." He followed after her.

Mara walked up on the trail, tears in her eyes, when she bumped into Desire.

"Ew, bitch dont touch me, what a slut." She laughed along with her friends.

Adrian leaned in to touch her arm, but she shook her head and ran down the trail to her car. After that she drove all the way home, crying the whole way. She ran to her front door and knocked, tears blurring her vision. Brian answered the door and his eyes widened.

Brian pulled her into a hug and she sobbed into his shoulder. "I know this is a bad time and all, but I told you he was a player." He said as he stroked her hair.

____________________________________________________

A/N

Hi there guys, I'm back

and I really loved this chapter

and I'm really excited we have 900 something reads

and this chapter is really cute tho

and also Finn is Brian and Jack is Colby

and please comment, DM, vote, and all that stuff, thanks!!!!!!!!!

Love

-K