Eyes

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

The alarm sounded, rustling Mara from a deep and very peaceful sleep. She lazily opened her eyes and reached her hand out to turn her alarm off. She swung her legs over the side of the bed while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

Mara walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth. After vigorously scrubbing the plaque off of her pearly whites , Mara looked at her reflection in the mirror; her dark brown, almost black, hair in a knotted mess on her head. Her gray-blue eyes tired looking and slightly red. Her light pink lips still had some toothpaste suds on them. Her pale face had a slight spattering of freckles around her nose. She wiped the toothpaste off of her mouth, and trudged back into her room.

Mara winced as she attempted to brush a knot out of her scraggly hair, she decided never to leave another hair binder in her hair overnight. Once she was done she let out a sigh of relief and let her naturally wavy waist-length hair fall on her shoulders and frame her face.

Next was the hard part; Getting dressed. Mara pulled several tops, pants, leggings and sweaters out of her drawers and laid them out onto the floor, mixing and matching this with that, trying to find a perfect Thursday outfit. she finally settled on a light blue jean button up shirt, a pair of black leggings, long maroon colored socks, and brown lace up combat boots. By the time she was finished, she looked at the clock on her bedside table and smiled, she had an hour and fifteen minutes until school started, that meant she had fifteen more minutes to put on makeup and leave her house. Mara liked to be early to school so she could sit in the library and read her book before class.

Mara was halfway through putting her mascara on when her stomach growled, she had forgotten that she hadn't eaten anything yet. She hastily put on blush and lipgloss and then ran down the stairs to put some brown sugar and cinnamon toaster pastries in the toaster. She then ran back upstairs to grab her backpack and turn her bedroom light off, and by the time she was back downstairs, the pastries had popped up. She put them on a paper towel and called for her dad.

"Dad? Can you give me a ride to school please?" She shouted, hoping he was awake in his office, he worked from home and took her to school everyday.

"Yeah, here are the keys, you can start up the car if you want." Replied her dad,who stuck his head out of his home office and tossed her the keys to his car. Mara caught the keys and went into the garage and into their 1980's mustang that was near its last lap, and started it up. When her father sat in the car it was 7:30.

While Mara ate her breakfast, she got a strange feeling, like when there is a big swim meet that afternoon and she is swimming the 200 yard IM (yeah, that feeling). She stayed silent for the rest of the ride to school

~~~~~~~~~

When Mara got to school, she headed right for the library and read her romance novel until first period, which was english. The bell rang too soon, and she huffed, marking her page and trudging to class.

As the teacher finished explaining her lesson on paragraph writing, some one walked into class. She didn't even look up from her work until he said his name.

"You must be new! introduce yourself to the class." Mara hard the teacher say excitedly.

"Uh, Adrian Feris." He said flatly, as if bored, along with a slight eye roll. Slacker, Mara thought immediately. However, something about this boy really drew her in and wouldn't let go.

Mara's head slowly moved up; taken over by curiosity, and in doing that, Adrian noticed the sudden movement and turned his eyes to meet hers. As soon as their eyes made contact with each other, Mara felt as if she had burst into flames and then got the wind knocked out of her all at the same time. She noticed his brown eyes had become a golden caramel color, with a blazing gold ring in the center. And then for a split second, they were the only two people left in the classroom.

The teacher cleared her throat, breaking their eye contact and leaving them both with confused expressions on their faces."Ok Adrian, your seat is back there." the teacher pointed one of her chipped red fingernails towards a desk at the other side of the room.

Mara felt disappointed with the distance between them, but dismissed the feeling immediately, settling for the fact that she didn't know him yet. It took all of Mara's strength not to look at him for the rest of the class.

After what seemed like hours, the bell finally rang. She kept her head down as she rushed out the door and into the crowded corridor. she then lifted her head to look for any sign of her best friend. As soon as she saw that unkept, unruly yet somehow gorgeously smooth sandy blond head of hair, she smiled and made a mad dash for her, saying "excuse me" and "sorry" and "pardon me" as she pushed through the crowd of people.

She finally reached her friend and tapped on her shoulder."Hey Alex," said Mara, smiling.

"Hey M-" Alex's smile faded into shock,"What happened?!?!"Alex frowned.

"What do you mean what happened?" Said Mara, panic slowly seeping into her features like a sponge with water, totally unaware of what has become of her. All of the sudden she began to notice the strange glances she had been getting all throughout the day since Adrian had shown.

Alex grabbed Mara's arm and sidestepped with her into the bathroom and away from the crowd of people. Alex dragged her to the mirror and positioned her in front of the sink so she cold clearly see the reason of such a fuss.

Her eyes had turned from a gray to an electric blue and had a gold ring in the middle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Heyyyyyyyyyy guys!

I hoped you like this chapter and thx for reading

Sorry its short

the picture is adrian

Love

~K