The Wolf

After seeing the mysterious golden eyes outside her house, Mara was shaken. She tossed and turned, trying to fall asleep, only to find herself staring at her coral colored wall. She finally gave up trying to sleep and climbed out of bed, throwing her bedsheets aside. Mara wrapped a robe around her body and quietly crept out of her room, shutting her door behind her. She tiptoed down the stairs, pulled on her shoes and stepped out of her front door. She winced as the door clicked closed, hoping her parents hadn't heard her.

Mara ran in the direction of the eyes, feeling that she wanted, needed to see them, and she also felt she was being insane. She ran deeper into the woods, going on her own instincts as to where she needed to go. Then, Mara stopped. In the middle of the clearing, lay a white wolf, sleeping. Mara slowly move towards the wolf, fireflies flitting across the skies, the crescent moon providing the only glow of light. She had reached the wolf and had extended her hand to stroke it, for it seemed like the right thing to do. Her hand was a quarter inch away from the wolf's fur when a voice interrupted her and a beam of light shone on her back.

"Mara!" Shouted her father, causing Mara to jerk her hand back and turn around towards her father and mentally curse herself for not being cautious enough. "What are you doing?"

"I-I was just taking a walk." Mara said, hoping he hadn't seen through her lie and wouldn't start asking for explanations, because she didn't know why either. Mara snuck a peek behind her and saw that the wolf had disappeared.

"Mara, are you insane? Get back inside." Said her father, his worry lines deepening from stress. Mara however, was not insane enough to ask about the wolf, seeming as her father hadn't noticed.

They walked back into the house, which was now lit up, meaning her mother was awake also. Mara walked past them into her own room, head down to avoid their glances. She collapsed in her bed and fell into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was Friday and Mara's classes passed without any significance. Until science class, that is.

She had totally forgotten Adrian was her desk partner, up until they had to pair up for the lab. Mara had noticed he had fought right in with the popular group and had been hanging out with them, along with who she thought to be his brothers. They had quite an influence on him, as he glared at her and didn't participate in the lab at all.

Mara was fed up with him so much that she had snapped her pencil in half, causing Adrian to glare at her again. "Why are you looking at me like that, huh?" she hissed.

"You were that girl that near ran me over yesterday." he huffed.

"Oh so that's your excuse. you think I did that on purpose?" said Mara ferociously. "Fine, do the lab yourself, I'm going to work alone." She said, causing people to look over at the sudden quarrel.

"Fine."

"Fine." Mara said, finishing the lab on her own. She got done with plenty of time to spare, and looked over at Adrian. He hadn't even touched his paper yet and he looked totally and completely lost. Something came over her and she discretely slid her paper over to him. Mara knew it was the wrong thing to do, but she just had to. She could see Adrian look at her from the corner of her eyes, and he copied from the paper and wrote something on it. He stood up and handed her the paper back. He wrote a simple word and some numbers ; thanks-Adrian; 196-1647.

ADRIAN
Since the first time Adrian saw Mara, he knew they had bonded. His wolf was all for it, but his human form was hesitant. He wished he had been bonded with someone less clumsy, antisocial, and more fun. But, Adrian noticed that this bond was not a regular werewolf bond, it was chosen by the moon. This means it's not long before he won't be able to block off his wolf's emotions much longer.

He was running through the woods one night, in his wolf form, when he ran into a mansion. Adrian looked up towards the balcony and spotted none other than Mara. He saw her eyes widen in fright, and she slammed the doors shut. Suddenly, Adrian's wolf took control over them both and carried them to a clearing. Adrian could not do anything but obey his body while it laid down on a rock and started to drift off.

Adrian was awoken by snapping branches in the woods, he knew it was Mara, some how. He pretended to sleep, to become hidden, but it hadn't worked. He could sense Mara's hand reach out to touch him, and then he sensed a different presence; Mara's father. As soon as his flashlight shone on Mara, Adrian escaped, sprinting towards the direction of his house, afraid to be revealed by a mere human.

Adrian approached his front porch and hid behind a bush, transforming back into a human and putting on the spare clothes he had hidden behind the shrub. He entered his house quietly, kicking aside the cardboard boxes his family had yet to unpack. Adrian's older brother Marcus was watching TV in the living room next to the entryway. The two brothers nodded to each other in acknowledgment, Adrian going up to his bedroom to head in for the night.

-----------NEXT MORNING (ADRIAN)-----------

At the breakfast table the next morning arose an awkward conversation.

"So, Adrian who were you out with last night until 1 in the morning?" Asked Marcus, Collecting about four more pairs of eyes to fall on Adrian.

"No one." mumbled Adrian, stirring his soggy cereal around the bowl.

"Really? not even Desire?" Marcus pushed, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Adrian scrunched his nose up at this remark. Desiree was probably the most popular girl in school and she had admittedly the best body too. But she was extremely annoying and a (excuse me for this) huge slut. She had been desperately been flirting with Adrian for the past couple of days. "No. Just leave it alone, I wasn't with anyone, ok?" he replied.

"Alright Romeo." Marcus replied smugly, used to Adrian's grumpy outbursts.

-----------At School (Adrian)-----------

All of Adrian's classes passed by like usual, until Science of course, his last class with Mara. It was so hard for him not to stare at her, not to love her. He would glare at her instead, trying to convince his emotions to change.

She suddenly broke her pencil, angry, "Why do you keep looking at me like that, huh?" she exclaimed, causing people to stare.

"You were that girl that near ran me over yesterday." Adrian huffed, coming up with a quick excuse.

"Oh so that's your excuse. you think I did that on purpose?" said Mara fiercely. "Fine, do the lab yourself, I'm going to work alone." She said, causing Adrian to regret his words. He could feel her boiling anger through their bond.

"Fine." Adrian retorted.

"Fine." Mara said as Adrian watched her leave out of the corner of his eye. He the looked at his paper and realized he was screwed. He hadn't payed attention to a thing. After a while of staring at the numbers and data on the lab report sheet, Mara surprisingly took pity on him and slid him her answers. Adrian looked at her questioning lay and copied the answers down. He wrote a quick thank you on the paper and without even thinking of the consequences, wrote his number down as well.

He was actually taking a liking to Mara.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N)
Hellozzzzzzz
I am currently supposed to be asleep but decided to update instead
(your welcome)
I'm sorry I'm really slow at updating, I just got really stuck on this chapter, but any ways......
have a good life
love
-K