Chapter 10: Sleepover

So we watched Disney's hercules. Chris did end up making a small mess with his food but that was expected. It's fine and his shirt can be washed. Anyway by the time the movie ended it was just after 7 and definitely time to start getting Chris and Elizabeth ready for bed. Their dad still hadn't gotten home but they seemed to have forgotten he was supposed to be home now. "Com'on Chris, let's get you ready for bed. You too Elizabeth." I say, standing up. "What about Michael?" Chris asks with a yawn as he stands up and grabs my hand. "Don't worry, Michael and I will be going to sleep right after you're both in bed." I tell them with a smile. "Then you guys should get ready for bed with us." Elizabeth points out as she stands up. "Okay, we can do that." I smile at them then Michael. I don't mind getting into my pj's now. Pj's are always comfier than normal clothes.

The 4 of us head upstairs. "Michael? Could you grab my bag for me?" I ask as we all get upstairs and Chris and Elizabeth start leading me towards their rooms. "Okay, you both get dressed in your pj's while Mihael and I get dressed in ours." I explain as Michael starts coming back with my bag. Both Chris and Elizabeth quickly nod before running off into their rooms to get changed. I turn and take my bag from Michael, "Thanks." I say walking back towards his room and the bathroom. "No problem. Are we actually gonna get changed?" He asks as we reach his room and the bathroom. "Of course we are. I said we would, so we will. Now go get changed." I say walking into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind me. 

I place my bag on the counter and then quickly use the toilet before getting changed into my pj's. An oversized shirt and some shorts. There's a little bit of hair on my legs but it's fine. It's barely noticeable. I run my hand up and down my leg a few times. My mom would absolutely have said I should've shaved last night if I was planning to wear shorts tonight. She'd probably be right... I shake my head trying to get rid of those thoughts and leave the bathroom. I place my bag at the top of the stairs and head back over to Chris and Elizabeth's rooms. "You guys ready to brush your teeth?" I ask as Chris quickly runs out his room dressed in a cute set of pj's that have a bear print on them. "Those are some nice pj's" I compliment with a smile, earning a big smile from Chris. "My pj's are just plain. They don't have a cool print like yours." I chuckle. Elizabeth then comes running out her room and stops in front of me before doing a little spin. "Oh wow! Look at you, so pretty for bed." I smile with a small laugh. She's dressed in a cute pale pink nightie that reaches past her knees and almost to her ankles. "Thank you." She smiles brightly at me.

"Come on, let's go brush our teeth." I say leading them to the bathroom, grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste from my bag as we go past. We all pile into the bathroom and I put some toothpaste on their toothbrushes before handing it to them. "Michael, come on!" I shout into the hallway, putting toothpaste on my toothbrush and starting to brush my teeth. Chris and Elizabeth follow along and start brushing their teeth too. Chris very quickly stops brushing and spits into the sink. "Chris, you need to brush longer than that. Otherwise your teeth aren't actually clean." I explain after quickly spitting into the sink. "Okay." He says starting to brush again as Michael walks in in his pj's, quickly starting to brush his teeth as well.

When we're all done, I make sure that Elizabeth and Chris don't have any toothpaste left on their face and then Michael helps me put them to bed. After putting them down for bed we leave and I close the door behind us. "There we go. Told you it would be easy." I smile triumphantly. "Yeah yeah. Come on, I'll show you the guest room." Michael says, heading for the stairs. "Why?" I ask, causing him to stop. "Well you can't sleep in my room." He says turning red. "Well, yeah. I know that." I say with a laugh as I grab my bag. "Then where will you sleep?" He asks, staring at me. "I mean at every sleepover I've been to or held, we sleep on the couch." I explain, starting to follow him down the stairs, causing him to have to continue walking down the stairs. "Well my dad said you could use the guest room. A bed will be comfier than the couch." He says. "That is very true." I laugh as we reach the bottom of the stairs.