Chapter 4

Teaching them how to read was a bit hard, it felt more like explaining to a bunch of teens that just want to fight or get wrapped up in a fight, the only Skeksis that didn't get into fights or cheer it on was SkekGra, he got rewarded in flintstone gummies and he looked like an absolute cute idiot.

They were surprised that there was so many different languages and cultures, just so many and so different, Y/n then told them basic things like not calling a midget a midget or gelfling, there isn't any sort of "crystal of truth" but there was many smaller crystals.

Oh yeah and people kill each other on a daily basis so be careful, yeah that didn't sit well with the SkekSis or Urru and she could tell they agreed that they are going to much more wary of other people.

After the week's paycheck, which was surprisingly very bigger than the average paycheck for a night guard, why wouldn't people flock to this job?

Also with the Skeksis having a good amount of translating what people were texting and the fact they learn how to text instead of using emojis, when Y/n returned UrLii somehow started a flame war, UrMa was trying to diffuse the flame war, SkekSil was happily feeding the fuel to the fire just wanting to see the whole world burn.

In the end Y/n was contemplating life while scrolling through the flame war, also she chased SkekAyuk away from the kitchen when she found him basically eating everything including the canned foods, sugary snacks, and almost a sac of uncooked rice.

Y/n now had to get some groceries from the store, she was texting SkekGra and sending photos of various foods, and he wanted cookies because of mainly their bright packaging, Y/n ended up buying some fruits, vegetables, meat, some gardening tools for UrNol, and she also brought some ice cream and cookies since SkekGra and other Skeksis wanted to try it, well that's what he texted.

After she had returned, SkekSa and SkekUng volunteered to carry the groceries, probably to show their strength but Y/n didn't mind, as long as the groceries were put up, and the following week she found that the animatronics disappearing before reappearing in different locations, but it was weirdly only Donner for the week the next it was followed with Gonzo making a few subtle appearances.

She reported it of course but the employer didn't listen, and she was grumpy. She was more annoyed by them than scared because they only pile up on her work.

The day time guard, Grayson, was much more grumpy, seemingly drinking disrespect juice for breakfast lunch and dinner, and a few times that she had to work with him he was hostile toward her and making remarks under his breath.

Gee, what made him an asshole?

"Look Y/n, I'm only here because of the paycheck, hate those brats that increase my workload, they try me every week, but you, I don't care if you try and befriend me or just plain out ignore me, because stay out of my way, besides what's going to happen to me if I continue? I will face no consequences, and these brats are too naive thinking their 'friends' will punish me." Said Grayson as he turned to sleepy Carlie and Playful Donner as they were stuck in their regular pose but their eyes now looking at the two, their eyes looking dead but held a sort of discomfort from Y/n, but weren't looking at her, they were looking at Grayson, like they held a deep hatred towards him.

-----------

"... And just like that! And Grayson only scoffed at them and left, I swear one day I'm gonna slap him right in the face! Like, why do they even hire people like him? If he doesn't like kids that he surely shouldn't have the day shift!" Said Y/n as UrSol nodded along as she packed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the Skeksis in the morning, Y/n offered him a sandwich and he accepted happily.

"Bro, I swear the next time I see him being a man child I am gonna snap, Karens be damned!" Declared Y/n, SkekSa tapped her on the shoulder, she was losing the flying type gym leader and she doesn't know what to do with the altaria.

"Wait, here, I reset the game, I usually do it when I'm losing so I don't have to waste materials to buy more Items, and also you can use it to level up your Pokémon and become stronger." Said Y/n, SkekSa hummed and walked away, Y/n saw that SkekSil was trying to take the remote away from SkekTek, she stopped what she was doing, grabbed a spray bottle filled with water, she went behind SkekSil and sprayed him.

"Bad SkekSil, bad." Said Y/n as SkekSil hissed, she was amused, chuckling at this while thinking of a meme before going back into the kitchen and seeing that UrSol was interested in the spray bottle.

"Here you go, if your half is plotting or some suspicious activity, just spray him, you have my full permission." Said Y/n, having a dark undertone to it, she almost felt guilty about chamberlain being punished by a small bottle of water.

Y/n hummed as she finished SkekGra's lunch for tomorrow, the urru were good on food since UrNol and UrAmaj were making food outside, and UrNol somehow got some sort of friendship with the hens and now they were weeding his garden and eating the bugs.

SkekMal brought a carcass of a deer and carved out the finer cuts of it, Y/n was a bit taken aback by SkekMal hunting a deer but she shrugged and made him stew , and the other Skeksis got some.

After getting everyone to bed upstairs and the urru in the larger living room, she began to change into her night guard uniform and began her descent downstairs and out the door, SkekGra and UrGoh asked if they could see her workplace, Y/n thought and agree, saying 'fuck it, you can come along but be quiet otherwise the others would want to try and come along'.

----------

"Oooooo! Colorful and ginormous!" Yelled SkekGra, his voice echoing throughout the building as UrGoh made his way to the security room.

After they got settled in, Y/n checked the Cameras with SkekGra breathing down her neck and watching the screen.

A crashing sound was heard and SkekGra screamed, Y/n checked the cameras to see Donner actually running away from the daycare section and crashing into Grayson's stack of toys that he had put in the gift shop with pure disgust, mocking the animal characters.

As they watched Donner began wrecking everything that Grayson had worked on, the clean white wall had paint all over basically making Grayson but in a crudely drawn way putting childish insults on the drawing saying that he was a bully and he doesn't like Wonder Crew.

Donner then began to tear away Grayson's adjustments in the daycare, he howled, standing on top of the mess of torn stuffing, colored papers, and even the messed up supply of art supplies before stalking back to his spot, and stopped moving.

Y/n was more confused about it all, Donner was doing this to spite Grayson and for what? The insults? And the insults aimed towards the kids?

Is he just doing this because he can't stand Grayson's behavior and attitude towards the children?

Y/n huffed before grabbing her flashlight and setting down the tablet.

"Wait! You are not seriously going out there?!" Squawked SkekGra.

"I am, it seems like Donner is only aims it at Grayson, and I need to clean it up." Said Y/n before leaving the pair to clean up the mess.

The mess made in the daycare was easy but the art section was hard, the spill of paint dripping onto the floor, the scent of it hitting Y/n's nose.

Y/n cleaned the artwork off regrettably, and returned, the clock chimed and it was 4:00 Am.

"C'mon, let's get outta here before Grayson arrives." Said Y/n, SkekGra was getting annoyed by UrGoh walking so slow but he got into the trunk quickly, SkekGra got in the front and they sped off as soon as they saw Grayson's car.