Chapter 16

TW: Gore, Violence

It was a cruel moment, the way the cloudscape held comfort now help a deep sadness and despair, the feeling of pain that was felt couldn't be rivaled.

A day that seemed to be a mix of a deja-vu or nightmare that came to reality, the moment when you felt like something in your stomach that twisted and turned in your bowels, a grief that couldn't and would never be rivaled or even compared. A travesty so severe and so devastatingly painful that took you into a trance or a shock.

"Uh Y/n.... Are you alright?" Asked Kylan hesitantly before being immediately shushed by Y/n who was still processing the loss of her train ornament.

"This world was too cruel..... rest now dear friend, you will be remembered, from the time you got me an A+ in my ceramics class, and for the time you brought Ricky out of hiding with your colors.... Goodbye..." Grieved Y/n quietly as she picked up the pieces of the ornament before putting it in a bag, and placed it in the attic.

After taking a mental deep breath, she soon went back downstairs to see the skeksis all huddling around Y/n. Y/n only blankly stood there while SkekEkt was spouting apologies and blaming his counterpart, the UrRu looking absolutely guilty even though they didn't do anything, as per usual.

After Y/n inevitably apologized (half-assed by the way), after making sure that the house was ready for Christmas, with the help of SkekGra, and the more athletic and energetic gelflings like Deet, Kylan, and Brea, Y/n was relieved to see that the house was prepared for Christmas.

Of course, the SkekSis, UrRu, Gelflings, and one Hup were very curious about it, though Hup was busy fighting off SkekAyuk from getting the gingerbread cookie dough that Y/n made beforehand since Brea and Deet wanted to experience designing their own gingerbread cookies.

"Alright so, you have everything you all want?" Y/n asked while she was busy fixing her hair up into a presentable and more sophisticated look since she was going to the Christmas party, she wore some nice clothes that she was able to get in the color theme of the party, which was expectedly green and red.

"Yup! We got it, we got the clothes, our shoes, and stockings!" Chirped Deet as her long ears moved a bit in delight, Y/n was so surprised but glad when at Deet kept up her enthusiasm. Y/n was also thankful for Deets help for getting stockings together for everyone, even if some few refused to have a stocking, which was some UrRu and few SkekSis.

Y/n soon had a blank expression when she saw the Skeksis watching the crime news channel and heard the story since she was a bit curious about why they were so enthralled.

"Giant Brian, one of the world's most infamous criminals, sentenced to two years for stealing a lifetime supply of Freddo Frogs from his local Tesco Express....."

Y/n was dumbfounded by the news report but even more unamused since she did tell the Skeksis that the Tv was only allowed to watch Christmas movies, she quickly nabbed the Tv remote from SkekUng who nearly tried to nab it back but a quick throw of a gingerbread cookie kept him occupied for now.

After Y/n was able to turn the channel to a Christmas movie, she finally sighed in some relief, and entrusted the Tv remote to Naia, since she couldn't trust Gurjin or any other gelfings, and she was pretty sure Hup had been watching some wrestling matches whenever he had the remote.

"Alright then, still have some time left to head to-" Y/n said as she checked her watch before accidentally bumping into SkekSa's chest, after quickly recoiling and checking if her makeup was not ruined, she looked at SkekSa who had managed to actually fashioned herself a button up shirt, Y/n felt herself in awe of SkekSa's fit, wondering how SkekSa managed to learn how to fashion her own outfit on Pinterest.