𝐈𝐈. 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫

Modern AU
[G/N Reader]

It was a cold winter day, you held your husband's waist pulling him closer for extra warmth. Even though you wore a number of layers under your thick coat, nothing was warmer than him. If not for the lack of groceries the both of you wouldn't have needed to go out.

Regrettably, you forgot to buy them yesterday. You arrived home very late at 3 am due to an anniversary party, one of your colleagues had been working for the company for over 15 years. Though Kunikuzushi was invited as well, he didn't want to come. He barely knew your friends and he felt it was too much of a hassle to go out.

You promised him, you'd buy groceries but instead, you came back home rather drunk and even slept on the sofa instead of the bed with him. You got a huge scolding when he found you sleeping there. The bad hangover you had made him more furious.

Kunikuzushi pushed you away and frowned at you. He was still grumpy that he had to go out. He walked faster not wanting to see your pitiful face.

"Love, I'm sorry...I never intended on staying that long or even drinking!"

"So it's their fault?" He looked back at you, still frowning.

"I-"

Before you could respond, he continued walking. The grocery store was already in sight, it wasn't too far from your home exactly why the both of you walked. Ever since both of you moved into that house, you've made it a habit to always walk.

The both of you walked in, Kunikuzushi went straight to the rice aisle, looking for his favourite brand.

"Frozen vegetables, chicken breasts, and eggs get those." He told you...well more like ordered. His voice was demanding and dominant.

"Yes, sir." You replied. You wanted to apologize again but now wasn't really the time...

Chicken and eggs were easy to find but for some reason, you couldn't find the frozen mixed vegetables. You have been looking for them for a few minutes now yet to no avail.

"What's taking you so long? It's only mixed vegetables." He sighed. You looked up at him and sighed as well.

"I can't find them! I've looked for so long..."

"If I find them I swear..."

You moved aside allowing him to look for himself, you were quite positive that they weren't there.

He then opened the freezer and moved a packet of frozen peas and there they were-

"Look with your eyes not with your nose next time." He scoffed. You were in pure shock. You made sure to check repeatedly in order to avoid situations like this, but it still happened.

Though...it seemed to have brought up his mood. Well, he did like teasing you after all.

Realizing that he was already out of your sight you walked fast to catch up to him, he was lining up to pay. You then saw he was holding your grocery basket too. He must've picked it up before leaving.

You then realize if it weren't for him you would've left the basket...He noticed you and your rather flustered self and smirked. What a meany!

It was finally time to pay, you took out your polka-dot patterned shopping bag and placed the groceries in an orderly manner so all of them would fit in the bag, other than the rice and the eggs.

Just as Kunikuzushi was about to take out his credit card you grabbed his neck and pressed it not too hard, but hard enough for him to react. Much like a kitten, he froze and you gently shoved him aside and took out your own card. (Ik you all are broke, pretend you're rich for now and pray to be richer in the future)

The cashier awkwardly accepted it, well it was no shock you just pulled off one of the weirdest stunts on your husband at the supermarket.

Your beloved finally broke out of his trance and attempted to cuss at you,

"WHAT THE F-" attempted, of course, you had to stop him, the both of you were still in the supermarket after all!

You put your hand on his mouth, squishing his cheeks too.

"Apologies my husband is a bit snappy today." You smiled at the cashier, she passed you your card sweatdropping. You swore you could hear 'I don't get paid enough for this' but it was probably your imagination, you watch too many memes.

You happily took your card and put the grocery bag on your shoulders. Since darling Kuni has already shut up, you passed him the bag of rice and you carried the eggs.

The walk home was not as intense and as uncomfortable as before. It was just right. Though you haven't apologized yet, which was wrong of you, you didn't feel the odd pressure on your chest, the guilt. You arrived home quicker than you expected. You weren't thinking about the walk, but about how to apologize, you married a man who was as cranky as a girl on her period. Especially since you've been testing your luck. You needed to be and look as genuine as possible without accidentally bursting into laughter while looking at his adorable pouting face.

You were nearing the door so you opted to take out the keys to your home, but it fell right out of your grip...You looked back at Kunikuzushi, grinning awkwardly. He gave you a face but sighed and eventually picked them up and unlocked the house in your stead. You put the groceries on the table and quickly took off the thick snow coat that was no longer needed, and then Kunikuzushi did the same.

Kunikuzushi was just about to keep the groceries but you pulled him away and led him to the sofa. You then sat down and pulled him onto you, which resulted in him sitting on your lap, but he wasn't facing you...You wrapped your hands around his small waist and hugged him, but he still wouldn't face you. He's so moody today.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stay out so late..." You mumbled into his back.

"I was worried you fool...I knew you would come back late but not at 3 am...and when you weren't in bed with me as when I woke up. I thought you had left me for some stupid whore or something..."

You knew he had abandonment issues, which made your guilt increase. How could you have been so dumb?

"Then I found you on our fucking sofa, did you think I wouldn't be mad? And you were having a hangover like a loser would, the thought of you surrounded by men and women drunk all night hurt, it hurt a lot, you idiot...Don't do it again." You could see he was trying his best not to cry, his small frame was slightly shaking and you could hear soft sniffles coming from him.

"I won't darling, I won't..."I said hugging him tighter. He loosened your grip on him and turned to pace you. He positioned himself on your lap and hugged you, hugging you tight as if his life depended on this tender act of love. As if your minds were linked, the both of you stopped hugging and kissed, such warmth was enough to keep you alive during these cold days. 

You pulled away and kissed his forehead, giggling slightly at his pinkish nose and red eyes. It was silent and peaceful and it should've stayed that way,

"The sofa is so comfortable though, you should try." You said ruining the beautiful mood that was recently created.

"Hell yeah it is, I'm glad we got it at a discount. But I swear if I catch you sleeping on it without me again. I'm throwing it away even though we got it for cheap, and I won't hesitate to kick you out." He frowned. 

"Isn't this my house?" You smirked.

"But your heart is mine, so your life is mine. And that means the house is mine." He scoffed.

"Wow, that was so cheezy- Don't do that again..." You laughed, he smiled softly and laughed along. His laughter was like music to your ears so soft and cute.

"I love you," you said staring into his beautiful blue eyes, gently putting your forehead on his.

"I love you more." He smiled, sighing in contentment.

....

"Oh by the way my mom and sister are coming over." 

"WHAT-"

Hello dearies^^ You must be wondering why am I writing a one-shot book when I have another book to write and complete. Well, I am dumb and I love genshin.