𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞

[G/N Reader]
[University AU!]
Warning: Angst

Was I anything more than a friend to him? Then his eyes in the sky? Then a tool he found buried in the thick white snow? ...Probably not, and it probably won't be anything more. 

Years ago he found me. I had nothing, no family, no background, and no memory of my life. It was as if I was an empty shell, an abandoned doll left to disappear in the harsh climate. 

I simply sat there, under the tree partially buried. Then he came, fresh from the darkness of the abyss. He reeked of the metallic scent of blood. He smiled, one that didn't reach his eyes, and I stared.

Knowing him now he must've wanted to duel with me, but I was in no condition to fight that day. I could barely move. He took me home, and his worried family welcomed me with open arms. They showed me what it was like to 'feel' and on that day was the first time I felt...

"Y/N! Knock it out" Your friend shook you.

"What is it? I was just getting started on this new book!" You retorted, frowning at her.

"I've called you so many times already! I swear when you start reading you just can't stop."Lumine complained.

"I like a good book plus I have nothing to do!" 

"Yes, we do we have class now!" She grabbed my wrist and pulled me.

" 'You' have a lecture. My prof is on a honeymoon," You said rolling your eyes.

"Oh...OH SHOOT BYE Y/N!" Just as Lumine was about to leave. The librarian banged the table.

"SHHH. This is a library for god's sake! Leave. Both of you!" He was furious. Furious enough for you to imagine steam coming out of his head. 

You glared at Lumine, quickly gathered your things and dragged her, muttering a soft sorry as you left. She grinned at you slightly and dashed off to her lecture. You checked the time. She was about 20 minutes late now, she deserved it honestly. The book was way too good. You aspired to be a great writer, great enough to sign a contract with Yae Publishing House. 

You sighed. The library was so comfortable. It had the best beanbags and the most comfortable sofas. You walked to the second-best place you could think of to read in peace...Never mind you couldn't think of a place better than the library. Then you heard your tummy rumble. The cafe it is.

Being a uni student is sad. You were broke as hell, didn't own a car, were in debt, and were stressed, but books were your one escape. Well, not textbooks and reference books those just added stress, your one escape route was romance novels. you'll read anything at this point to fill the empty spot in your heart. 

You entered the cafe and 'his' ginger hair caught your eyes the moment you stepped in. You just knew it was 'him'. Seeing him was bad, bad for your heart. You liked him but you knew better, he was on the top on you were at the bottom. The both of you were polar opposites and...he liked someone. Everyone in T.I.U (Teyvat International University) knew who it was. Well, not you for some reason? You never had an ear for rumours but it puzzled you that no one would tell you about who he likes.

You suspected that it was the Head of the Geology Department, Professor Zhongli. Since Childe always goes on and on about his 'amazing lectures' every time they meet but it could be some random person that caught his eye who knows. All you were positively aware of was that you didn't stand a chance.

You lined up and ordered [drink] and your favourite tea-time pastries to go along with it. You didn't even have to wait that long, as usual, they completed your order quicker than your local Starbucks ever could. 

Just as you were about to search around for a place to sit alone,

"Oh hey Y/n! Come sit here." You heard his voice call. Before you turned to him you gathered yourself and put on the best poker face you could pull.

"Hi Childe, thanks this place is unusually crowded I don't think I would've been able to find a seat."

"Yeah, I heard that many lectures were cancelled suddenly. The reason wasn't specified but everyone is going crazy."

"Makes sense, I am also enjoying my free time." You smiled. 

"Hell yeah, who wouldn't? Having the whole day off makes me feel like a teen again. Wish I were still in high school, I should've messed around more" He sighed sipping his iced latte.

"Wasn't that all you did- I am pretty sure you paid to get your application here approved-" You rolled your eyes. 

Childe looked away, ignoring your statement. Then it went quiet, you felt like time froze just for you to see his pretty Ed Sheeran-like face, his gorgeous Ron Weasley hair and his sexy blue eyes. Why did you feel like you were in a Wattpad romance book written by a 12-year-old? You felt a sense of 'deja vu'. 

You just stared at him not even batting an eye to the loud crash you heard a while ago. Oh now there are sirens but you felt like it was illegal to look away from him. He should just quit uni and become a model honestly. I bet-

"OI Y/N!" Someone yelled into your ear and clapped in front of your face, and that person was Lumine. 

"What?" You rolled your eyes at her and attempted to reach for your drink. Lumine sipped the [drink] that she was holding, which was yours!? 

"You're so out of it today. What's inside your pretty little mind?" She said rolling her eyes back at you.