𝐕. 𝐇𝐞𝐢𝐳𝐨𝐮

[G/N Reader]
Warning: Mentions of r@pe, murder, etc...

Seeing a detective was hard, he worked a lot and the both of you barely spent quality time with each other, but being a physic medium wasn't any easier. Especially since you started working under the Tenryou Commission to investigate murder crimes. You were hired not long ago and it did bring you joy knowing you helped poor murder victims.

But sometimes unsatisfied souls hold grudges, especially after old cases are uncovered. You did side jobs for extra cash every once in a while. Sometimes they bother you, nothing all too serious but it always creeped you out. 

You had been laying down for a few minutes now, you couldn't find the energy to move but alas today was a work day. Though you weren't needed all the time you still had to go to your office. You turned to the side and saw your lover his soft snores were adorable. Waking up beside him always made you happy no matter what.

He was sleeping like a baby...Too bad you had to ruin his sleep.

"Heizou wake up...We have work."

"Mmm...I got the day off.." He grumbled and turned away. 

"Oh Archons, that so isn't fair..." You sighed. You got up from bed and put on your fuzzy house sandals. It was winter in Inazuma and it was freezing cold...You slowly walked to the bathroom and turned the heater on. You looked at the time and you only had about 45 minutes to get ready, what a pain...

You brushed your teeth while bathing, something you had gotten rather used to over the years. You picked out a suitable outfit and walked to the kitchen. You filled the kettle with water and placed it on the lit stove. You couldn't afford to have breakfast at home since you were already late so tea will do. There is that new cafe near the station that you wanted to try out with Heizou too.

Well, he won't wake up so he'll have to go to the cafe alone then hehe. You heard the kettles whistles and paid your attention to it again, you were so tired. You quickly made your tea and made a cup for Heizou too. You brought it to his nightstand and placed a smaller note under the cup, telling him that you were leaving for work.

The tea would probably be cold by the time he wakes up. You pulled the blankets over him properly and left. 

The police department wasn't a long walk away it took you about 10 minutes to arrive. You had just stepped into the building when your boss bumped into you.

"Oh Y/n you are here great, we have a case for you." She shoved the file into your hands 

"What's it about."

"20-year-old female, Uyeno Chiyoko was raped and killed, the exact date is unknown. We checked her but she was cleaned. Her family is furious and is demanding we call for you asap." She sighed. You were quite well-known in Narukami Islands for solving cases like these it was a bit annoying how people would randomly come to you demanding to talk to their dead relatives or loved ones. You did help if they asked properly or offered to pay but never the rude ones. 

"How do you know she was raped if there is no evidence?" You asked. In most rape cases, the rapist never bothers using protection.

"She was found naked and her privates were overstimulated. He must've used protection, quite rare. He must be experienced, good luck medium-san." She says. You twitched at the nickname, lots of people liked to call you this for some reason, your name is perfectly fine. At some point even Heizou started calling you this as a joke. 

"I'll get to it then." You bowed and headed to your office. You placed the cup of tea on the table and checked the files. Reading through it, you noticed a pattern. The way she was killed was similar to the kill patterns of serial rapist and killer, Hakama Takeo. You heard of his case not long ago and looked into the case files. 

He was recently released early last year due to good behaviour. He was in there for a good while, you never thought he would be at it again, this was only your suspicion though. You got up to head to the morgue hoping her spirit would be lurking near the body.

Fortunately, she was. She was sobbing next to her body. Mediums weren't really needed all the time for investigations since some spirits are actually strong enough to allow humans to see them, the only difference between a normal human and a medium is that mediums are more sensitive, and are prone to possession. 

"Hello, Uyeno-san." You greeted her. It's always important not to anger a spirit so greetings are very important.

"H-huh...You can see me...The others couldn't...I can't believe he did this to me...I trusted him!" She sobbed angrily. She started mumbling, you couldn't hear it all but she was most likely regretting her life decisions, that's what they all do.

"Please calm down Uyeno-san, I am here to help you. Could you please tell me what your killer looked like?" you asked her, pulling out a small notebook and pen. 

"My parents must be so mad at me...I was just about to be married off...God why did I drink with him..." She mumbled. You sighed, it was pretty normal for spirits to be uncooperative.

"Uyeno-san." You uttered, raising your voice a bit louder.

"Hm? Oh, you are still here..." You deadpanned, how could she not have realised that? 

"What did your killer look like?" You asked again.

"He had uhm... Black hair...or was it brown? He had dark brown hair and he had pretty green eyes. He was very beautiful..." 

" Does he look like this?" You asked showing her a picture of him during his previous trial. 

"Yeah, it is! Has he been captured?" She asked with hope in her eyes.

"No this is an old picture, the man you 'met up with' is Hakama Takeo, a serial killer and rapist."

Her face paled. She covered her mouth in shock.

"I-I've been seeing a serial rapist for a month!? Oh Archons please forgive me!" She started sobbing again.

"My parents are going to kill me if they find out!"

"..." I looked at her disappointed. 

"...Oh yeah. I'm dead..."