𝐕𝐈. 𝐁𝐚𝐢𝐳𝐡𝐮

Fantasy Au
[G/N Reader]

You walked by the beach slowly, enjoying the breeze and the fishy smell. You lost a patient today, it was a young boy who got Pneumoconiosis from inhaling some quartz dust at his dad's workplace. He was diagnosed a week ago, you and your team tried controlling his symptoms, but it was to no avail. This whole cycle is all too painful for you to handle—weakness, sickness and death. 

The father's pain in his eyes showed you that he was blaming himself. You don't get how the boy managed to slip into his father's workspace but no matter what the boy shouldn't have walked inside in the first place. His pleas for forgiveness were too painful to watch.

Living near the beach is undoubtedly beneficial for you, it helps you release stress and since everyone living in this condo is too busy to do this, the beach is pretty much all yours at times like this. It's probably 1 to 2 am now, people would expect a doctor who is off work to sleep all day but insomnia is the best disorder for a doctor and you have it.

Maybe you should make a raft and sleep on it, to create a new 'Stranded in the Middle of the Sea' movie. You continued strolling along the beach then you saw red, from the smell you knew it was blood. You quickly ran towards the area and followed the trail of fresh blood. You followed the trail to a rock. You could see a tail. You could only think of a tuna having a tail that large, but it was far too long and you couldn't see its body. You walked around the rock cautiously and it was a merman!? He was injured too. His tail was tangled in a fish net that cut him badly, and his body had multiple cuts too. It seems he is unconscious.

You rushed to his side only to scurry away in surprise as a white snake hissed at you. The snake wrapped its body around the merman's waist and continued hissing at you, threatening to bite if you inched closer. You thought for a bit and it clicked. Perhaps this was the merman's pet like Ariel's lobster or whatever her pet was.

Looking at the snake closely at the snake head you noticed an absence of teeth on their dental and palatine bones. It bore fangs and many small pterygoid teeth. Maybe it was an emydocephalus with a genetic disorder? If it was that meant it wasn't poisonous... But there is a chance it's another type of snake...

You cursed at yourself for not paying attention to those National Geographic documentaries your mother forced you to watch at a young age. Perhaps you wouldn't be in this situation if you had paid attention, second-guessing your coming decisions. 

'Fuck it.' You thought. A man's, well rather a merman's life was at stake, though he technically wasn't human he was still half human at least. You ignored the snake and quickly reached for the merman. The snake bit you and you felt a stinging sensation, like a few needles piercing you at once but you ignored it. You pressed the snake's jaw making it release its hold on you and gently tugged it off the merman.

You tried to throw the snake as far away from you as gently as possible, well that didn't work at all. But you quickly picked the merman up and walked as quickly as possible to your home. He was heavy, very heavy. You struggled to carry him up the stairs, using the elevator wasn't a choice since there were security cameras so you had to go up a flight of stairs. 

Your house was on level 3...You tried to control your breathing as you slowly walked up with him in your arms you really couldn't. This man was at least 70 to 80 kg. At this point, you were bathing in your own sweat. You let out a huge sigh of relief once you had reached level 3, you quickly walked to your house and unlocked the door.  

He was already slipping out of your arms so you quickly placed him on your couch, despite him being covered in sand. You noticed that he was running a fever so you put a cool fever patch on his forehead.