49. Life

💭By Dreamer💭

3rd person POV.

As Katsuki was crying on the floor with Izuku in his arms he heard something, A faint slow beating. The blonde stopped crying for a moment to listen to the sound more closely but then he realized it came from Izuku. It was his heartbeat, Izuku was still alive. This gave Katsuki hope and he used it to stand up with Izuku in his arms and walk out of the half-collapsed building. On his way to the verticals, he saw Kirishima's unconscious body next to Toga's. He gave them both a kick to wake them up. And surprise surprise it worked. While they both woke up Katsuki already continued walking to the car. By the time Katsuki gently placed Izuku in his lap in the back seat, Kirishima and Toga made their way to the car. "Don't worry Izuku. You're going to be fine, I promise." Katsuki whispered loving words in the hope his lover would hear them.

When they arrived back at the mansion, Everyone who survived went to rest except for Katsuki. He brought Izuku to Recovery girl. "He's in bad shape, 3 broken ribs, A huge burn on his left leg, a light concussion, a lot of bruises and cuts-" Recovery girl explained but got cut off. "What about the bite?" Katsuki asked. "About that, I did every test I possibly could and I found nothing concerning about the bite. It looks worse than it actually is. I put a bandage on it for now." recovery girl answered as she left Katsuki alone with Izuku.

The blonde sat down in silents next to Izuku's bed. He sighed as he looked at his broken lover. "What am I supposed to do now, Izuku? I'm helpless without you by my side. What did he do to you? I kinda wish he is still alive so I can kill him a second time." Katsuki whispered getting angry from seeing his lover in pain. He got up from his seat and kissed Izuku's forehead before he left the room. "Where are you going? I still need to have a look at your injuries." Recovery girl said who got back from getting more supplies. "I'm going to blow off some steam." Katsuki answered as he stomped away. 

A week went by and Izuku's condition is slowly getting better. His bruises and cuts are almost completely gone and the burn on his leg is healing nicely. The only problem is that he hasn't woken up yet, until...

Izuku's POV.

Pain, it's everywhere. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. Where am I? Am I still with Todoroki? I tried to sit up but stopped when I felt a sharp pain in my right side. "Take it easy." I heard someone say. I looked to my left to see Recovery girl sitting at her desk. So Kacchan ordered Todoroki to bring me up here? I have to get out of here, Kacchan might come here to finish me off himself. I tried to sit up for a second time, biting through the pain I managed to sit up. "I told you to take it easy." Recovery girl said turning my way. I ignored her and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. Without thinking I tried to stand up, recovery girl wasn't with me in time and so I fell to the floor. The pain from my right side was killing me, I didn't have any energy left to stand up. I was so tired, but I just woke up? Recovery girl tried to help me back up into bed but failed, I guess I'm heavy. 

Suddenly the door opened and Kacchan walked in. When he saw me on the floor his eyes widen and he immediately went to help me back onto the bed. I stayed quiet, I didn't know what to do. To be honest I was terrified. Kacchan didn't speak either, he just looked at Recovery girl waiting for her to get out of the room. She got the hint and left. 

It was so quiet in the room, I was fidgeting with my fingers. I was so nervous, was he going to hurt me? Kacchan cleared his throat and started talking. "How are you?" Kacchan asked like I wasn't in a hospital bed. I didn't reply, I was scared that if I talked he would hit me. Todoroki did it every time I opened my mouth so why wouldn't kacchan do the same? "Izuku?" Kacchan's voice suddenly changed, It was softer and more caring. I looked at him and saw him looking right back at me. "I'm sorry." Kacchan said out of the bleu. My eyes widen, I couldn't believe my ears. Did he really apologize? "For everything." tears rolled down my cheeks. "I'm sorry for not believing you, I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm sorry for a lot of things Izuku, But most of all I'm sorry for not loving you the way I should." I didn't care if I get hit or kicked, I wrapped my arms around his neck and planted my lips on his. Kacchan responded immediately and kissed me back. 

(858 words)