Chapter 17: I'll Protect You

"How are you? What did the doctor say?" I asked Becky, sitting close to her on the folding bed, cuddling together.

I couldn't help but miss the scent of her hair and her warm hugs.

"No progress, but I'm taking medication. The doctor mentioned that not all chemo drugs cause hair loss, and luckily, I'm on one of those. I didn't want you to see me bald," she pouted.

I chuckled and kissed her forehead. "I'll still love you even if you lose your hair, though," I reassured her.

Becky gave me a death glare, so I quickly kissed her eyes and apologized.

In that moment, I wished time would stop so we could stay like this forever. I didn't want to let her go. I was willing to do anything for her to survive, even if it meant quitting show business. I could be there for her 24/7, caring for her until she got better. I loved her deeply.

"Yes, I'll just wake Freen up--"

Becky and I were startled when Love entered the tent. We immediately stood up and straightened our clothes.

"What are you two doing?" Love asked, her eyebrows knitted in confusion.

I realized I had forgotten to tell her that Becky was now my girlfriend.

"Love, this is Becky," I introduced, pointing towards Becky. "She's my girlfriend."

Upon hearing the word "girlfriend," Love quickly looked around to make sure no one overheard, then pulled me to the corner of the tent.

"Are you out of your mind? We're filming here. The producers, directors, and staff are working hard--" I cut Love off before she could guilt-trip Becky.

"Save it for tomorrow, Love," I said firmly. I walked back towards Becky, taking her hands in mine. "Wait for me in my car. My manager's there. If you need anything, just text me, okay? I'll finish filming, and then we'll go home." I smiled at her and gently caressed her cheeks.

Becky nodded, grabbed her sling bag, and waved goodbye. I turned to Love, who was looking at me with annoyance.

"You told me she was just an assistant, Freen! And now you're introducing her as your girlfriend? What will people think? That I'm a homewrecker? Sarocha, wake up! Stop this nonsense. You and she will never have the happy ending you desire!" Love's words stung, hurting me more than I expected.

"I know, Love. I know we won't have the happy ending I wanted. I'm aware of that, but please don't make this harder for me. Let me love her while I can. Stop meddling, please." My voice cracked, and I fought back tears. "And if your fans ever attack Becky in any way, I'll never forgive you. Understand?"

I turned my back and headed towards the filming site. I knew Love would do anything to stay in the competition. I couldn't blame her, though; it was a cutthroat industry. But if being popular meant losing Becky, I'd rather be a nobody.

»»---------------------►

"I'll take a shower first. Wait for me," I told Becky as we arrived at my house.

Finally, I wasn't alone anymore. These past weeks, this house had been so dull since I didn't bring anyone here. Love often visited, but I hadn't invited her.

"Let's wash up together," Becky suggested, heading towards me. She tucked my hair behind my ear and pulled me in for a tender kiss.

Damn, I missed this feeling.

Becky and I got into the tub together, facing each other. Her soft pink lips formed a playful grin, causing my eyebrows to furrow. It was then that I realized her foot was moving between my thighs.

"Becky," I gasped as she touched me.

"What?" she chuckled and leaned in for another kiss. With our hair tied up, she could easily caress my cheeks.

Becky traced my bottom lip with her finger, biting her own. Then, with burning, passionate eyes, she claimed my lips. She placed her hands around my neck, deepening the kiss, and I let her take the lead. Her lips trailed down my jawline and neck, making me moan as she nibbled on my sensitive spot.

I closed my eyes as her hands traveled down my body, from my shoulders to the small of my back.

"Let's finish washing up. I'm sleepy," she said, turning her back to me.

Now, she leaned on me as if she hadn't done anything mischievous. Was this her way of teasing me? Well, we'll see about that later.