𝟑| 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐰

CHAPTER THREE:

FINDING SHAW

CIA HEADQUARTERS, LANGLEY, VIRGINIA

THE SUN COULD BE SEEN hiding behind the clouds that were blending in with the sky for the new day for the many civilians on the planet called Earth. About two days or so had gone by since the night in the bar, and Charles had finally had his speech that he had been practicing for for quite a while. Many people liked it, so him, Raven and his daughter had gone out to celebrate.

During their celebration, Charles was approached by a woman, a woman that had came across more mutants somewhere else. This had immediately caught Charles interest as he had decided to speak with the human woman, who's name happened to be Moira MacTaggert, the male mutant listening to her explain while he had also went through her mind.

Now, Y/n could be seen sitting in Raven's lap, her feet dangling above the floor while the blonde woman kept her arms wrapped around the six year old. Beside them, sat Moira and at the end of the table, men in suits kept their hard gazes on Charles while all of them listened to what he was saying. Well, Y/n wasn't entirely.

A screen was on from behind the Xavier man as he continued his presentation. Looking at the men in the suits, Y/n noticed that they held unimpressed expressions on their faces, showing that once Charles was finished speaking, they would announce that they didn't believe a word he had said about mutants or anything else, even if the others in the room knew they were wrong.

"The advent of the nuclear age, may have accelerated the mutation process. Individual's with extraordinary abilities may already be among us." Charles continues before turning the screen off, sitting down. "Thank you very much."

"MacTaggert, you really think that some crackpot scientist is gonna make me believe in sparkly dames and vanishing men?" A man asks in disbelief, making the others chuckle. "You just bought yourself a one way ticket back to the typing pool. This meeting is over."

"Please sit down, Agent MacTaggert." Charles instructs when Moira was standing up, to which the woman obeys. "I didn't really expect you to believe me, given that all you could think about during my presentation was what sort of pie they were serving in the commissary. It's apple pecan. I haven't been entirely honest with you, love. I'm sorry. You see, one of the many spectacular things my mutation allows me to do is that I can read your mind."

"I've seen this before in a magic show." Another agent states with a smirk. "Are you gonna ask us to think of a number between one and ten now?"

Charles chuckles, shaking his head. "No, Agent Stryker. Although, I could ask you about your son, William, who you were thinking about, which is very nice. But I think I'd rather ask you about the Jupiter missiles America are currently placing in Turkey."