𝟔| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐰𝐢𝐧

CHAPTER SIX:

THE DEATH OF DARWIN

THE FACILITY WAS QUIET

THE FACILITY WAS QUIET. The evening was slowly coming to the many workers and other people around in the large building full of guards and scientists that were entering and exiting the place, many eager to get home to their families for the night before they'd have to come back to work the next day, early in the morning and get started on their tough jobs that they signed up for.

Only a whole day had gone by since the group of young mutants had gotten to know each other and their abilities better, turning it into a full of dance party when the adults found them. The large window had been fixed overnight as the group could be seen in that same exact room. Almost every worker had heard what happened the night before, and they weren't too fond of the mutants in the same building with them.

In the corner of the room, Y/n was eagerly watching as Alex played on an arcade machine, Darwin's voice commenting about the blonde's score as it continued to grow bigger and bigger, only making Alex more confident than he already had been previously. The others were sitting on the sofas when two guards began walking by, deciding to stop at the sight of them.

"Oh, I didn't know the circus was in town. Hey, come on, honey. Give us a little..." One of the men speak up with his eyes on Angel as he uses his arms to motion as wings and when she does nothing, he moves his eyes to Hank. "No? Come on, let's see the foot."

When the brunette young man had rose up to his feet, the man in the suit had grown a bit excited, clearly thinking that Hank would actually show his prehensile feet, his voice calling him the same two words Alex had said the night before. Big foot. However, Hank gave them a small wave while pressing a button on the wall, some curtains on the outside of the window completely covering the guys view from the group of mutants inside the room they were in.

"They're just guys being stupid." Raven comments when she notices Angel's expression.

"Guys being stupid, I can handle. Okay? I've handled that my whole life. But I'd rather a bunch of guys stare at me with my clothes off than the way these ones stare at me." Angel admits.

"At us." Raven corrects.

None of them said anything, frowns etched on their faces just when a loud, echoing rumble could be heard in the distance. This had them all perking up, Darwin being the first to speak as he wondered what they were all wondering. What was that? Another rumble echoed as he, Alex and Y/n joined the others who were all standing up to her feet.

Y/n rushed to Raven's side when she saw the blonde holding out her hand, the six year old grabbing it in fear. Darwin pressed the same button Hank had pressed just a minute before, all of them looking out the window curiously. Their gazes stopped on two figures floating up in the sky and when she squinted her eyes, Y/n recognized one of the figures to be the same man who had brought them to this facility. The person holding him let go of his jacket, the groups now wide eyes watching as his body soon landed on the ground in front of the window, killing him immediately.