𝟖| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:

THE BEAST

THE EVENING WAS slowly coming to the mutants and many other civilians that were living in Westchester, New York

THE EVENING WAS slowly coming to the mutants and many other civilians that were living in Westchester, New York. The wind was blowing all around, the weather not having been the greatest for the group of mutants of detective who were all living in the old Xavier mansion together, days of training going by for all of them. The leaves on the trees and the grass deep within the ground were moving in the direction the wind was blowing them towards, a vehicle being seen parked outside of the mansion.

Inside of the study in the Xavier residence, the group of mutants and Moira could be seen all together as they kept their eyes all on the small television that was sitting on a little table, the table being big enough for the television to lay on. Charles and Moira were sitting side by side on the sofa in the study room with the other mutants standing around them. Y/n found herself sitting on her father's lap, feeling his arms wrapped around her small body as she was curiously looking between the television and the group around her.

"It shall be the policy of this nation to regard any nuclear missile crossing the embargo line that surrounds Cuba as an attack by the Soviet Union on the United States requiring a full retaliatory response upon the Soviet Union." The president's voice informs on the television.

Erik uses a gun to point at the machine. "That's where we're gonna find Shaw."

"How do you know?" Alex asks.

"Two superpowers facing off and he wants to start World War III." Charles replies with a shake of his head. "He won't leave anything to chance."

"So much for diplomacy." Erik comments with a blank voice, glancing at the others. "I suggest you all get a good night's sleep."

And with that, the others all watched as the man who controls metal was turning around and walking out of the room, leaving everyone else to watch him go without saying another word to him or to anyone else.

* * *

The sun had set a few hours ago for the citizens in Westchester, New York, as parents were currently tucking their children into bed before heading off to bed themselves to sleep soundly. The crickets chirping added to the other sounds of nature that could be heard all around the outside of the Xavier residence. The lights had been turned on once it was darker outside now, giving the mutants and detective inside more light so they could see as they all prepared themselves to head to bed before the big fight they'd have to go through the next day.

Inside of his old childhood room, Charles was holding his six year old at his hip before placing her down onto the bed that he had grown up sleeping in as a kid. Y/n was now in her own pajamas, h/c locks in a braid that Raven had done for her as she got under the covers, having the help of her father as he pulled the blankets over her. The six year old placed her head on the comfy pillow that laid beneath her, tiredly smiling up at her father while she moved her small bare feet underneath the cool covers.