𝟒| 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬

CHAPTER FOUR:

MORE MUTANTS

COVERT CIA RESEARCH BASE

THE SUN WAS BRIGHT as it shined down on the many people, a day having gone by since they had found Sebastian Shaw until he got away. As it turns out, the mutant that Charles had jumped into the ocean water to stop had the ability to control metal, and his name was Erik Lehnsherr.

Charles had been able to speak in his mind and convince him to let go of the metal submarine that Sebastian Shaw was escaping in. The sky was a bright blue, the clouds white and fluffy-looking as they continued to move in one direction while time was going by in the new day for the many civilians and other living things on the planet.

Moira parked her fancy black car outside of the man's facility as they all exited the vehicle. Y/n slid off her seat as she stepped out, grabbing her father's outstretched hand before Raven followed behind the six year old. Charles closed to the door behind them before he was bending down and picking his daughter up, holding her at his hip.

Underneath his sunglasses, Erik watched as the brunette man pressed a gentle kiss to his daughter's temple, and the Lehnsherr man had to fight a soft smile that wanted to twitch on his lips. He couldn't help but remember the times with his mother, reminiscing the times he had with her until Sebastian Shaw ruined everything.

"Welcome to my facility." The man announces as they begin walking forward. "My mission has been to investigate the application of paranormal powers in military defense."

"Or offense." Erik murmurs.

"This guy Shaw, Schmidt, whatever you wanna call him, he's working with the Russians." The man informs. "We might need your help to stop him."

"Marvelous. So we're to be the CIA's new mutant division, yes?" Charles questions.

The man nods. "Something like that."

As she had her small arms wrapped around her father's shoulders while the man was leading them into the building, Y/n found herself looking around in awe. It wasn't all too long until they entered a lab where a plane could be seen hanging above the floor, the objects keeping it up connected to the ceiling above.

Charles felt himself chuckle a bit at the look of awe on his daughter's face, pressing a kiss to her cheek. In the lab area a bit away from them, a man could be seen slowly walking over with glasses over his eyes and short brown hair, a small smile on his face.

"It's supersonic." The man calls to them, catching their attention. "The most advanced plane ever built. You should see it in real life. It's incredible."

Y/n gasps, looking to Charles excitedly. "Daddy, I wanna see it! Can I?"

Charles chuckles, brushing some of her hair out of the way. "Maybe some other time, darling."