Soulmate Mark

YOUR POV

You were at school, head down on your desk. You were bored outta your mind. "Y/n!" Someone shouted, and you woke up with a jolt. You were greeted to a whole class laughing. You groan, sit up, and try to pay attention. It doesn't really work, but A+ for effort!

When class was over, you stumbled to your blue locker. Y/s (your school) sucked. You were constantly bullied, and your teachers seemed to ignore it, along with giving your extra homework. You were shoved out of the way by someone, but you didn't know who.

You continue walking, ignoring the new pain from your shoulder. Today was your birthday, and you were turning 16. At 16, people usually get their soulmate ability. If someone wrote on their arm in pen, you would get it. It was a form of communication between soulmates. You doubted you would get one, and if you did, it was highly possible (to you) that they might just leave you and find someone else.

At least you put your stuff in your locker before the crowd took you out the door and into the grassy front of the school. People spread out once they made it outside, so you were soon released.

You started to walk home until you felt something on your arm. You pull up your sleeve to reveal pink handwriting. 'Hello' it read. You eagerly dropped your backpack and rummaged through it until you found your f/c (favorite color) pen. 'Hi!' you wrote in response. More pink writing came immediately saying, 'I didn't think you would respond that quickly!' you smile. 'Just got out of school, happened to have a pen on me.' you write. 'Your handwriting is so pretty.' pink writing says, and you blush.

It was true, your handwriting was neat compared the pink handwriting that was slightly sloppy, but you loved it, nonetheless. 'Yours is nice too!' you write, and the response said something along the lines of: 'Kinda self-taught. Never went to school.' but you didn't mind.

You didn't have anything else to say, so you pick up you backpack, slinging it one your arm. 'What are you carrying? Bricks?' the next message says. 'Backpack.' you scribble, and laugh at the next message, which said, 'when I felt that it almost sent me flying!' you apologize and continuing your walk home.

You saw the big donut nearby and decided to take a break and refuge there. When you got in, you tossed your heavy backpack at a chair, and made it up to the front desk. Larz, a guy only a few years older than you, as there. You went to the same school (because he got held back a lot) and became great friends. He was pink, and nobody liked you, so you guys made a great team in the 'weirdo department'. Larz waved at you, green writing contrasting on his pink skin.

"Hey Y/n!" he smiles, realizing you. "Hi Larz." you say, before saying, "I thought you quit!" it was true, he had supposedly left to space by now. You hadn't seen him a while. "Stocking up on clothing." he explains, "Dropped by to bid Sadie farewell, but I ended up doing her shift while she relaxes in the breakroom."

You smirk, "That reminds me some somebody I used to know." and Larz groans. You felt something on your arm, and it was a message, saying, 'Can I doodle here?' you reply with a quick, 'yes' and look back at Larz. Pink hearts appear on your arm. He was staring. "What?" you ask, and he cracks a grin, saying, "Today is your 16th birthday? Happy birthday! Do you know who your soulmate is?" You shook your head. "How about you?" you ask, and he whines, "I know who, but she absolutely despises me!!" You have the urge to laugh, but you don't say anything.

He shoved a donut in your mouth, and you didn't protest as the sugar touched your tastebuds. "On the house." he spoke, and you nod, mouth still full of donut. You take a bite, letting the part that wasn't in your mouth drop into your hands. You look on your arm to see roses. You show Larz, and he laughs, and then goes back to work, cursing every once in a while, when the coffee machine started acting up. Typical Larz.

There was a spot on your arm that said: 'Feedback: ___________ 'and you laugh, then you write, '10/10! Allowed to draw on my arm again! (Once I take a shower!)' and the response says, 'okay! Take your time! Write me when you're done!' You entered your house, then your room. You stripped yourself from your 2f/c (second favorite color) hoodie and took pictures of yourself in the mirror. You smile. Your arm was covered in roses from shoulders to fingertips.

You got in the shower, painfully washed the flowers off, before getting out and changing into some comfortable clothing. 'I'm back!' you write, and a phone number come up, along with a message saying, 'Call me ;)' and you quickly type the phone number into your phone before selecting call. "Hello? Are you, my soulmate?" the person on the other line asks, and you laugh, "Yep! Welcome to your new soulmate!"

You talked with him (you had figured that out by the voice) for a little bit, mostly about him. His life was definitely more interesting than yours...

Then, you ended the call, agreeing to write each other tomorrow. You slept well that night, dreaming of who your soulmate might be.