Chillin' With Soulmates

No POV

It was a calm day for the crystal gems. Y/n, Steven, and Steve just hung out the whole day, chilling like nothing ever happened. Wait- never mind. The crystal gems, Garnet, Amythyst, and Pearl didn't have a calm day. Instead, they went out searching. Searching for answers. They had never heard anything like gem duplication happen before, and they needed answers. They managed to hoax lion to teleport them to the moon base, and there was a file, but not on what they were searching for.

The file was on Y/n, but they never got a chance to read it, because the files auto-delete after being clicked on by someone who wasn't a diamond. They all had mentally slapped themselves, but there was nothing they could do now. They teleported home and made it to the big donut to get lion some lion-lickers. It was kind of ironic, really. They didn't mind, they were cheap and there was a large quantity of them. Just as Steven had said when he was younger: "Nobody likes Lion-Lickers!"

They made it back to the temple and warped into homeworld's palace. They knew that they probably weren't welcome there, but if it was about Steven or Pink, the diamonds would be happy to help. When they warped in the palace, they had gotten the reaction they expected: Lots of screaming, until mentioning soulmates, Pink, and Steven. Then, everything calmed down. The three explained, then White gave a recap for the others, "So what you're telling us is that Steven has a soulmate, Y/n, and you think we know them? Along with the fact that 'Pink' has their own body now too." the crystal gems (not including Y/n [who was kind of in] Steven, and Steve) nodded.

"Well, we saw Y/n a couple thousand years ago. We're thinking that it had to involve some time travel, because humans don't last that long. They were Pink's soulmate." Yellow explains, holding onto Blue. "White has no soulmate as far as we know, and me and blue are soulmates." Blue fills in, still in Yellows clutches. You could see their auras mixing to a nice green color. "Alright." Pearl sighs, "Thanks again." and they warp back to the temple.

The sight they saw was pleasant: Steven, Steve, and Y/n watching crying breakfast friends, laughing about how stupid it was. "I can't believe you made me watch this for hours at a time." Steve groans, and all three laugh. Pearl, Garnet, and Amythyst silently walked into the dungeon, "That was so adorable!" Amythyst squeaks once the doors close, "I mean, Steve was overjoyed! Just look at em'!" the other two gave shared confused looks.

"He may look distant, but Pink Steven remembers most things from Regular Steven's memories! He remembers us, he just doesn't show it. I know because he agreed to hand out with me for a bit when he couldn't sleep, and we talked for a bit. He called me lil' sis! LIL' SIS!" she squeals, and then quiets down some saying, "I just think it's nice how he's adapting!" and the other two nodded in agreement, even though they hadn't experienced Steve's not tense side.

They picked out corrupted gem bubbles from regular, day to day stuff, like that piece of cake, that has been there for months. They made groups of bubbles, and then, they went into Pearl's gem, looking for Y/n documents. Nothing. There was nothing on Y/n or gem duplication.

~~TIMESKIPPIEE~~

Days passed, but still nothing. Every day seemed more uneventful then the last, and everyone was clearly bored.

Steven POV

We were just sitting, watching camp pining hearts because Steve didn't remember watching it. Y/n was asleep in my lap, snoring softly. We watched for a good hour before Y/n started to shift, looking uncomfortable. We set them on our (my?) bed, and she started shaking violently. "Call Pearl!" I screech, and Steve speed dials her, and says, "Something is wrong with Y/n! Come quick!" then, he hangs up. I slap myself in the face. 'How stupid can one be' I think, and he glares, saying it was the best thing he could do while panicking.

I couldn't help but to laugh. Then, Pearl burst in from her room. "What's going on! You said something was wrong?!" I move aside and Pearl walks up. We watch as everything turns a shade of grey. "What's going on?" I ask Steve, but he's looking around frantically, Pearl doing the same.

We watch as Y/n's gem turns black, along with their h/c (hair color [sorry if you don't have hair!]) which turns the same. I realized something: I felt an aura that wasn't mine or Steve's. It was blank and dark. Like the color black, but not as empty or as cold as white. No, this aura was warm, filling, and comforting.

"What is this?" I mutter. "Black diamond." Pearl and Steve say, not really giving me much explanation. Then, different scythes appeared. One pink, one blue, one black, one white, and one yellow.

"Black diamond was a fusion of Pink, Yellow, White, and Blue diamond. They only ever fused once. In that one time, a shard was born. This must be that shard. Black diamond was the most powerful gem in the universe, with the power to shift into any gem, as well as taking its powers." Pearl explains, giving me an insight.

'So, my soulmates are Pink and Black diamond? I couldn't be luckier.'