Chapter III

Transformation classes were finally over and the Golden Three could rest for lunch.

"Did you find your wand, Ron?" asked Harry while they were sitting in the Great Hall. Ron scratched the back of his head.

"I tried..." Smiles appeared on his friends' lips. They weren't very surprised.

"I will help you look for it later. Right now let's talk about finding you a tutor." Ronald almost choked on his food and looked shocked at his best friend.

"Do not look at me like this. I think you should reconsider the circumstances and take this situation seriously. I know it's not your dream, but your grades are far from perfect. I don't want you to end up with a Troll at the end of the year." said Hermione holding a mug of hot tea in her hand.

Ronald didn't like when his friends brought up the subject of grades while eating. He put away what he was eating and looked down on his plate.

Hermione glanced at Harry with hopeful approval and he immediately began nodding his head in agreement.

"I myself need some help with a few subjects." Ron smirked at the thought that the famous Harry Potter needed help with his studies - which was an obvious lie that would make him feel better.

He shoved a piece of toast into his mouth to give himself a moment to respond.

"Herm, will you be tutoring  someone?"

"Of course. But Ginny, Seamus, Neville and some other students have already asked me about it. And I said yes."

Ron looked at her with sad eyes.

"But if you really care, I can tell someone I've changed my mind."

"Bloody hell. You don't need to do that Hermione. I will figure something out." he replied and smiled slightly.

It wasn't just the three Gryffindors discussing the headmaster's recent announcement. The entire Great Hall was filled with chattering students.

Blaise stared straight ahead, not paying much attention to his friend. Suddenly, he felt a light tap on his shoulder - Pansy tried to get his attention.

"Are you even listening to me?" Blaise put a spoon of pudding in his mouth without looking at her.

"I'll take that as yes. I said you should ask the redhead if he needs help with his studies. I heard he's not good with potions." The boy looked at her as if she was crazy.

"For what?"

"You know, to get close to him. To get the task done... Faster." He looked away.

He didn't want to talk about it, remember it, much less do it. But it was a life-and-death situation.

"I agree with you. How do I do this without looking suspicious? I never speak to him."

"You just have to make him come to you on his own." The girl popped one cherry into her mouth and turned around to give Zabini time to think about everything.