Chapter V

Blaise Zabini and a seventh-year Gryffindor stood in the empty corridor just outside the entrance to the Potions classroom.
The boy wasn't shy, but he looked uncomfortable in this situation.

"So I'm just supposed to say no to him when he asks me about tutoring?" The Gryffindor was a tutor and Zabini couldn't let Weasley run into him.

"In return, I'll set you up with that Martha girl." The Gryffindor wasn't sure if he was making a pact with the devil by accident.

"Without the help of a love potion?"

"Do I look like a sociopath to you?" The boy looked him up and down but didn't answer. Instead he asked:

"How can you be sure he'll come to me? There are still many people who can help him."

Not as much as you think. Blaise thought.

"I have my ways. Deal or not?"

"Deal." They shook hands and went their separate ways.

The Gryffindor looked over his shoulder one last time and headed towards the Quidditch pitch. 
Everyone in the team was exhausted from the constant training that Harry Potter had announced.

He approached the team captain and signaled that despite being late he was listening to what he had to say. Looking up, he noticed that a figure was sitting in the stands.

That figure was Ron, who watched his friends fly the latest models of broomsticks at incredible speed.

Biting his lip in jealousy, he wondered why he hadn't made it to the team permanently.

He stopped going to practice so often because it always put him in a depressive mood.
But he was there for a reason. He had to find David Mendax. But that had to wait until the end of training.

The hours in the bleachers were so long that he wanted to leave. On this particular day Gryffindors had the pitch to themselves and they took advantage of it.

Finally, training was over and Ron found the boy Dean had described to him.

"Hey! You are David, right? I heard you tutor Potions." He smiled kindly and extended his hand.

The boy grabbed it quickly and then let go as if he was afraid of Ron's touch.

"Yes it's me, unfortunately, my schedule is currently full with students."

"Bloody Hell I'm out of luck today. Thanks, tho."

Ronald turned on his heel and after walking a few steps he heard a voice behind him.

"I heard some Slytherins have free dates. You can look for him on the third floor." David said without making eye contact with him. Ron nodded and walked away for good.

Why am I going to him? After all, I don't want the tutor. Hermione wants me to find him, and why? Surely she wouldn't have to deal with me.
Despite everything, Ronald went up to the third floor.

He walked carefully down the corridor and listened.

When he finally managed to stand in front of the door, which was slightly open, it seemed that people inside were already gathering their things.

"Remember to review this topic before the next lesson. I won't help you for the rest of the year with the same material." The voice that said it sounded uncomfortably familiar to Ron.

"I understand, thank you". The other person's voice sounded like they were about to cry.
After a while, a pale third-year Hufflepuff came out of the room.

"I advise you not to go there. He can poke your eye out with a pen." She whispered as if she was afraid that the person inside might hear her. Then she left quickly.

Ron wasn't so sure of his decision anymore. He pushed open the door and entered the room.