Chapter IX

Boys were slowly packing their things.

"So what are you planning to do now that you've wasted my time, Weasley?" Zabini asked. Ronald looked at him suspiciously, he wasn't sure if he hadn't misheard.

What might have looked like curiosity was actually checking the redhead's day. Who did he go out with, when, why?

"Why do you ask?"

"Obviously, I want to ask you out on a date, Weasley." The sarcasm was easily noticeable.

"I have plans with Hermione." The Slytherin didn't look pleased. He straightened up and glared at the other boy in disgust.

"You mean this Mud-blood? How can you even spend time with her?"

"What did you call her? I don't think you have anything to say, Death Eater." The tension between the two was very clear. They looked like they were about to throw themselves at each other's throats for a few words... and they in fact did.

"You'll be sorry you little bitch." Blaise swung and almost broke the other's nose with a right hook. The boy took a step back from the force of the hit. The redhead shook his head and slammed his body weight into the Slytherin, pinning him to the floor. The air escaped from Zabini's lungs as he fell. They were pushing and punching each other, as if their lives depended on it.

The librarian who saw the whole situation immediately told them to stop, pulled them apart and called Heads of their houses.

Both heard how disappointing they were, that the punishment would be said later that evening, and they were not to get close to each other until then. According to both boys, it was not a punishment but a favor.

Blaise felt humiliated. He tried to be nice and good-natured, but apparently that method didn't work. The Gryffindor's words rang in his ears.

Fuck this friendship thing. I'll kill him with pure satisfaction. But as soon as he touched his wand, his enthusiasm faded. Was he slowly turning into a murderer?

The boys stood in one of the classrooms four meters apart, waiting calmly to be punished for their fight. Ron was preparing for the worst, along with being expelled from school.

At least I won't have to study. But in return my parents will disinherit me. All because of some dumb points for the house and better grades. In conclusion, he was sure that torturing himself with a Slytherin wasn't worth any points.

"Mr. Weasley, Mr. Zabini." Professor McGonagall entered the room followed by Severus Snape. She had a serious expression on her face.
"We talked with professor Snape and decided on your punishment. For your unworthy and unreasonable behavior that someone could get hurt, we deduct fifty points from both you, and we don't distinguish who started the fight."

"In addition, Mr. Zabini is assigned to you Mr. Weasley as tutor until further notice. You have the right to choose two days a week and the time when you will meet. Slytherin, Mr. Zabini, won't get any points for tutoring" Snape added. He sounded pissed at the last sentence.

None of them responded. Instead of separating them, their teachers make them spend time together. Ronald suspected that this was an unsubtle continuation of the integration program between the Hogwarts houses.

"Professor I don't understand, that's why we got into fight. Because of tutoring." Ron finally spoke up.

"We believe that you will be able to get closer, despite your differences of opinions." He heard in response.

Not even in worst nightmares. Gryffindor thought. He glanced at the Slytherin, who was already looking at him.

Blaise thought that, on the whole, the teachers had helped him in a not-so-moral task. If he said something wrong during tutoring before, the redhead might quit - now he didn't have that option.

It made things go at least a little faster.

"That's all for today, you can go to your rooms." Ordered the professor and showed the exit door with a wave of her hand. They headed for the door and quickly left the stuffy room.