Chapter X

The boys left the classroom and paused in the corridor for a moment to think about their situation.
Through the wide and high windows, they heard laughter coming from outside the building where students had gathered.

The sun was shining and the sky was without a single cloud, as if nature did not care about the personal problems of the two boys.

"If it wasn't for your filthy mouth, we wouldn't be in this situation. Tell me what's your next move, genius." Ron spoke up, a note of irritation in his voice. He didn't know whether he was annoyed by the presence of the Slytherin or carefree conversations coming from behind the window.

"You're no saint and you need to realize that, Weasley. And during these two classes a week, you will realize a lot of things." Ron seemed confused.

"You are such a fucking narcissist." Ronald said it in a whisper and stared at the wizard with disgust.

"What are you muttering there?"

"That you have a beautiful smile." He replied sarcastically. "Anyway, when do you have time to meet?"

"I have time on Fridays and Saturdays."

"Funny. I won't be tutoring on Saturdays, unlike you I have friends and a social life."

"What life? I don't have time for you on other days, and I'm not going to rearrange my entire calendar for you."

"Do we really need to like, study? They probably wouldn't have noticed if we hadn't done anything for two hours anyway."

"They would have known if you get a Troll on your next Potions exam despite several hours of tutoring. You're not the brightest, but even you could learn something in that time."

"Whatever. Fridays and Saturdays work fine for me, but I set the hours." The Slytherin nodded.

Ronald started to walk away. He exhaled loudly and disappeared around the corner.

Blaise, however, stood like a pillar of salt in front of the class. He didn't like the whole Gryffindor situation. He didn't know if it would help him in any way. Indeed, being Weasley's friend might help with the element of surprise, but what if he actually likes him in the end? 

He winced at the thought of actual, genuine friendship with the redhead.

And then an image of his dead body flashed into his brain.
He clenched his fists and stopped the contents of his stomach from rising to his throat.
Finally, he pulled himself together and nervously returned to the dungeons.

As soon as he entered his bedroom, he saw the silhouette of a blonde on his bed. Draco sat up straight and stared straight into Blaise's eyes with curiosity.

"Where have you been?" He asked in a bored tone, but his eyes shone as if thirsty for information.

"I stayed to talk to Snape. I have a slight problem with Weasley." Although they were quite good friends, they generally did not spend much time together, so there was always a distance between them.

"Expand your thought - what does a light problem mean? Have you completed your task yet?" Blaise saw every emotion in Draco's eyes, even though his face showed nothing. He knew what the man meant.

"Not yet." There was relief in the blonde's eyes for a moment.
"The librarian caught me in a fight with that ginger and told McGonagall."

"It's a wonder the librarian didn't kill you for desecrating a sacred place like her library." they snorted with laughter. "How much?"

"Fifty." Draco waved his hand as if it was nothing. In fact, it was nothing compared to, for example, a trip to The Forbidden Forest in first class as a punishment.

"It didn't cost us much, but you better make it worth hitting that moron, or the librarian won't kill you - someone else will."