Chapter VII

"Harry, I don't think you understand. He's friends with that ferret Malfoy - this is automatically suspicious. I mean, who would really like him if he didn't have daddy's money?"

"Maybe he is his friend or something, but it doesn't change the fact that when it comes to potions, he's one of the best in the class."

"That doesn't change the fact that he's an asshole." His friends looked at him with pity.

Ronald thought for a moment. In his head, he calculated all the pros and cons of meeting the Slytherin. He didn't know what, but something didn't sit well with this boy.

"I'll look for someone else." He said briefly.

"If you really want to" Hermione rolled her eyes. Ron stood his ground and started looking for a miracle.

Ronald regretted saying those words only week later. Somehow, everything really did look like someone was plotting against him. People either avoided him or refused to talk to him.

He was sitting with Harry and Ginny under the shade of a spreading tree on a blanket.

"I'm telling you Harry, he paid  the whole school."

"Why would Malfoy pay the whole school?" Potter seemed to have had enough of his friend. Every time the redhead mentioned Malfoy, he tensed up.

"I do not know yet. But it's all very suspicious."

"Someone's paranoid here." Ginny said under her breath.

"I'm not paranoid. I'm just..."

"Obsessed?" Ron glared furiously at his sister. She giggled like that was the most normal verb to describe her brother.

"He is a Death Eater. And the rest of his gang too, I'm pretty sure about it."

"How can you be sure of that? These are serious allegations." The girl said. Harry looked towards the tree where the Slytherins hung out.

"I feel it in my bones" Ginny looked at him like he was crazy. Ronald, unable to bear the constant mockery of him, got up from the blanket and left. He just shouted that he was going to the library instead of saying goodbye. Behind him, he heard his sister's laugh.

Blaise, noticing a sudden movement at the other end of the square, decided to take a look.
He heard the red-haired Gryffindor shout where he was going and he disappeared from his sight.

It won't catch up to him now. I'll wait for him in the library.

Blaise walked from the other side of the school to be faster than Ron. Breathless, he He came through the door, pulled a couple of books onto the table and sat down.

Weasley walked in at the same moment and made eye contact with him. As if outraged, he approached him.

"Are you following me Blood traitor?"
Zabini said before the man could speak first. He lifted his head to meet his blue eyes.

"I'm not a sociopath unlike you."

"I'm just extroverted."

"Whatever lets you sleep at night."

"Tell me why we run into each other so often?" Blaise approached a nervous Ron.

Except that I plan all these meetings myself.

"Conspiracy." He whispered "Anyway, I need to talk to you."

"Are you gonna confess?" Blaise closed one of the books in front of him. He smiled without taking his eyes off the confused Gryffindor.

"What- No! I wanted to talk about potions tutoring."

"A bit desperate of you."

"I'm not asking you. I'm informing you. Since I suspect Malfoy helped pay people to help you, I don't have much of a choice."

Draco was right - it really was that simple. I'm just surprised that this idiot realized anything.

"What if I told you I don't have time for you?"

"I'll say, that unfortunately you will miss lunch." He said while sitting across Slytherin. Blaise wouldn't admit it, but he liked this side of Wealsey.

"Fine. When do you want to start?"

"How about this Saturday?"

"Haven't you considered that I have a planned trip to Hogsmeade?"

"Do you have one? Judging by your character, not too many people want to be with you on a daily basis." He smiled sourly.

"Come to the library at 4. And don't be late."