Chapter 03

Chapter 03

Humans

"I told you, Ate. Nagulat rin ako sa nangyari sayo last year. Hindi ko alam kung paano ka napapunta 'dun. Hindi mo rin naman kasi sinabi muna sakin bago ka nagpunta 'dun. Hindi ko alam paano ka nakilala ate. I swear, I did not mention you to everyone or even with my friends and classmate because you don't want to them to know you right?" Paulit ulit na paliwanag ni Hazel habang kumakain ako ng ice cream.

"So, you're telling me that you did not think about it at all this time? Hindi mo naisip itanong? You did not talk to your principal?"

She sighed. "Hindi ate. Mr. Agron is scary ate. I don't want to make any trouble in Academy, kaya nga tahimik lang ako 'dun. I did not even show my face to Mr. Agron. I'm scared."

"You're scared because?"

She looks down this time. "Our father and Mr. Agron are friends" She whispered.

BINGO. "So, you know all this time and yet, you let yourself study there?" Kalmado kong tanong sa aking magaling na kapatid.

She sighed. "I don't have a choice ate. Our father threatened me, he said that he will make me go home and left you here if I'm not going to study there."

My jaw clenched. "Kailan nangyari 'yan?"

"Summer, last year."

Pumikit ako ng mariin. This kid. "Why you did not tell me about that? I told, I will protect you."

"I want to protect you too ate kaya sinunod ko na lamang gusto niya for your own sake." Depensa niya.

"KAHIT NA."

Our father is jerk and not a father at all. I HATE HIM. That's why, Mr. Agron knows something about me because they are both jerk and same at all. That's why, Mr. Agron is getting on my nerves just like our father. They know, how to manipulate other people and play with the other people like a toys.

Our father thinks that we are a thing, we are his toys.

"He said that as long as we attend his birthday every year. He will not disturb us." She explained.

Asshole. Liar.

He is disturbing us Hazel using his friends to what? Make me go to school? No fuckin' way and I did not go to his birthday for the last four years. So, what the difference this year huh?

"Yeah, you're stupid that's why you always went to his birthday." I said.

She sighed. "Well, this time. We are going together."

"I feel like you're mumbling something ridiculous Hazel." I said trying her to change what she said right now.

"Our father told me that he will close our account, cut our money if we're not going to attend his birthday this year."

I am about to burst my anger to my lovely sister. I inhaled to calm myself. "He doesn't have rights to do that."

"Technically, he can. He's our father remember?"

"In papers but in reality, he's not our father." I said back.

"Papers that is legitimate and he can use it as a proof that he can do whatever he wants to his children ate. Let's face the reality ate. He has a power to do something like this."

"Why are you defending him? He's an asshole!"

"He is but do we even have a choice?"

"Yes! WE HAVE HAZEL."

"I will withdraw our money that will help us to live for some years. So, we don't have to attend that stupid party." I added.

She's not convinced to my plan. I rolled my eyes to this kid. "That is a stupid move ate. You think, he doesn't know about those things? I already tried that earlier. He already cut our money."