⇢ ˗ˏˋ Prologue ࿐ྂ

I was walking around the Avidya forest, patrolling for Collei as Master Tighnari had put her on bedrest for today. Suddenly, I hear an Abyss Mage. Scampering up the rough bark of a nearby tree, I see a camp of hilichurls dancing around a fire with an Electro Abyss Mage nearby. The hatred I feel for those stupid creatures is beyond what words can describe. Preparing my polearm, I wait for the Abyss Mage to come close enough for me to strike, applying hydro to my weapon. It's not the best choice to do right now, considering I could end up severely injured, but what other option do I have? I was patrolling to make sure there wasn't any danger after all.

I take a deep breath, preparing myself to attack them. Jumping off my branch, I plunge down into the center of the camp, dealing a lot of damage but before I could continue with my pursuit, a portal suddenly opened with someone who looked like Aether walking out of it.

"Aether-" I quickly cut myself off as I realize it obviously isn't Aether.

"I'm not Aether."

"I can tell."

"..."

She looks at me as if she was examining me before opening her mouth once more.

"You aren't from this world."

"...Are you high, Miss? Have you been smoking something you shouldn't have?" She blinks a couple of times as she stares at me in confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"Like, you saying that only makes me confused because I am from this world, I remember living my whole life here while you just suddenly show up and tell me my whole life was basically a lie."

"That is exactly what I am saying."

"And you expect me to believe you?"

"No, because I have the ability to send you back whether you like it or not."

"I'd prefer to stay in the realm where I was born and raised, please."

Before I could say anything else, I felt Electro coursing through my veins, knocking me unconscious.

.

.

.

"Is she ok?"

"What do you think?"

"What is she doing here...?" I hear two voices mutter from beside me. One belonging to a male, and one belonging to a female. Where am I? I groan as I try to open my eyes, light flooding my vision.

"Be careful dear. You might still be dizzy." The female voice warns softly while putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Who and what are you guys?" I ask as I take a closer look at them.

"We're demons. My name is Mujika, and that's Sonju."